NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (AP) — The mother of a Massachusetts man who died of a drug overdose when he was left overnight in a restaurant bathroom says in a lawsuit the eatery failed to get help for her son.

The Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that Mary Lou Madigan sued Bertucci’s on Monday. She is seeking unspecified damages.

According to the suit, 32-year-old Adam Gamble died at the now-closed Amherst Bertucci’s in January 2016.

The suit alleges an employee saw Gamble enter the bathroom at about 9:30 p.m. but no employees checked the bathroom before they locked up for the night.

The suit says the employee entered the bathroom the next day and saw Gamble’s sneakers under the stall door, yet workers did not alert authorities for several hours.

Bertucci’s didn’t immediately respond to a call for comment.

(© Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s