BOSTON (CBS) – A smoking suitcase at Logan Airport caused alarm over the weekend, but the culprit turned out to be an e-cigarette battery.
The TSA says smoke began pouring out of the checked baggage on Saturday during a very busy travel period.READ MORE: Victim In Lowell Homicide Identified As 22-Year-Old Dejah Jenkins-Minus
The incident forced the evacuation of the checked baggage screening area for just under an hour. Police responded to make sure it wasn’t an explosive device.READ MORE: Boston Store Owners, Vendors Cash In On Small Business Saturday
Authorities eventually determined that the lithium battery ignited.
MORE NEWS: Patriots Plane Flies UNH Men's Soccer Team To NCAA Tournament Game In Oregon
The suitcase owner’s flight to Kansas City was delayed until the situation was resolved.