EASTON (CBS) — Two people were arrested at an Easton home after an eight-hour standoff that police say began when one of the men was involved in a domestic assault.

Anthony Tatarouns, 25, was arrested at the house in connection to an assault in North Attleboro early Monday morning, and a second man, identified as 22-year-old Jordan Creech of Boston, was arrested on an unrelated warrant out of Stoughton District Court.

Easton Police and METROLEC officers cleared each room of the home on Old Foundry Street because they believed the suspects might have been armed with unlicensed guns inside.

A heavy police presence outside a home in Easton where armed suspects may be barricaded. (WBZ-TV)

The Town of Easton warned residents to avoid the area, but said a little after 11 a.m. that one person had been taken into custody and there was no longer any risk to the public.

Easton Police Chief Gary Sullivan said officers threw flash-bang grenades at the home, then sent in robots to search the house room-by-room.

“METROLEC and the Easton PD did everything we could to make contact with the people inside, using cell phone contact information that we had and landline information,” he said. “Some people were cooperating, others were just not.”

A man who lived nearby told WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kendall Buhl that the quiet morning was interrupted by a loud boom, which he thought might have been a transformer exploding–until he heard the sirens of police cars that just kept arriving.

Officers search sheds behind the home. (WBZ-TV)

“A couple of minutes after that, we got a robocall saying that someone has barricaded themselves on Old Foundry Street, and that we should stay away from that area,” that man said.

Police told people in the area not to leave their homes while the search was going on.

Officers with long guns could be seen searching sheds behind the house with the help of a K-9, and a hole could be seen in a window shade on the home’s second floor.

A hole in a screen at the house in Easton that police were searching Monday. (WBZ-TV)

Chief Sullivan said the day’s events began with a domestic assault that happened around 1:30 a.m. in North Attleboro and involved a dangerous weapon.

A man says Tatarouns punched him in the face, wrapped his arm around, choking him, and threatened to come back with a gun and kill him.

North Attleboro Police told Easton Police around midnight that they had reason to believe the 25-year-old man was on his way to Easton with friends.

The suspect’s vehicle was spotted with multiple people inside by Easton Police. When police interviewed the people in that vehicle, they told officers the man they were looking for was in the Easton home–along with weapons.

Anthony Tatarouns arrested after standoff in Easton (WBZ-TV)

Tatarouns was asleep when police arrived and was taken into custody. Over the course of the eight hours, everyone inside the home exited without incident.

Police were still searching the home for the reported weapons Monday afternoon.

Nobody is yet facing charges in connection to what happened at the Easton house, and nobody was injured during the standoff.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kendall Buhl reports


Leave a Reply