PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (CBS) – About 6,300 Blomberg and Summit electric ranges are being recalled because of the electrocution risk they pose to consumers.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says a 52-year-old Portsmouth, New Hampshire plumber was fatally electrocuted last August when he touched an energized range.READ MORE: Pfizer Says Its COVID-19 Vaccine More Than 90% Effective In Kids Ages 5-To-11
The electric ranges on the recalled appliances are becoming energized because a screw needed to secure the grounding strap was not installed during manufacturing.READ MORE: Tufts University Student Dies After Choking On Hot Dog In Charity Event Contest
Bloomberg BERU 24200 and 24100 SS, plus Summit CLRE 24-inch wide freestanding glass top electric ranges are affected by the recall. For a list of serial numbers being recalled, click here.
The rangers manufactured by Arcelik A.S. in Turkey were sold in stores and online from Oct. 2012 to March 2017 for between $1,000 and $1,500.MORE NEWS: Massachusetts Unemployment Rate Up To 5.2%, Slightly Higher Than National Average
Anyone who has the recalled ranges should stop using them immediately and contact the manufacturer for a free repair at 877-271-1489.