HARWICH (CBS) — Officials say a mirror is to blame for a fire that burned through an outdoor shower in Harwich.

Firefighters responded to reports of a fire at a home on Catherine Rose Road on Thursday. The fire, which began in an enclosed outdoor shower, burned through an area of the exterior wall of the house.

The fire burned through the exterior of the home. (Courtesy: Harwich Fire Department)

The fire burned through the exterior of the home. (Courtesy: Harwich Fire Department)

The conclave mirror hanging in the shower likely magnified the sun and sparked the blaze, the Harwich Fire Department posted on Facebook. The department said it’s a phenomenon that happens more often in the early spring when the sun is low.