ANDOVER (CBS) — A pair of National Grid workers were hurt after being shocked while working at the Raytheon building Saturday in Andover.

National Grid says both workers, who are men in their 40s, made electrical contact around 5:30 p.m. at the Lowell Street building. They were shocked while working on an electrical box, according to a statement released Saturday night.

Investigators say the men suffered electrical burns. One man was flown by medical helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital, while the other was taken by ambulance to an area hospital.

The extent of their injuries and conditions are currently unknown.

Andover police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating the incident.

No further information was immediately available.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s