City health inspectors had given the restaurant in the Cleveland Circle neighborhood permission to reopen as soon as Thursday, but it wasn’t able to open its doors immediately because of an unrelated water leak.
The Chipotle reopened Saturday instead.
Officials ordered the restaurant closed on Dec. 7 after patrons, including members of BC’s men’s basketball team, became sick with the gastrointestinal illness.
They say the outbreak was likely caused by a sick employee and isn’t linked to E. coli cases that shuttered dozens of restaurants in Oregon and Washington in October.
Boston’s chief health inspector told the Boston Herald he plans to have lunch Monday at the Chipotle as a show of confidence.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.