BOSTON (CBS) — With Greg Bedard in studio for his weekly visit, Felger & Mazz hit the Sports Illustrated writer with 10 questions from around the NFL.
Here are the questions, and you can get all of Bedard’s answers in the video above.
10. Your thoughts on Monte Ball (Patriots reportedly signed him to their practice squad on Tuesday)?
“He’s OK. I think he’s had fumbling issues,” said Bedard. “He can do both, run inside the tackles and also get outside.”
9. Who should Dolphins hire as their next head coach?
8. Will Carolina beat the Giants on Sunday, and will the Panthers go for a 16-0 regular season?
“I think they will beat the Giants,” said Bedard, “and I think they should go for it. I know Ron Rivera said he’s weighing both, but I think he’s going to go for it. He wants to keep the rhythm.”
7. The Patriots won their seventh straight division crown last night, and 13th in the last 15 years. The San Francisco 49ers won 12 of 15 from 1981-95, with five Super Bowl titles during that run. Rank the dynasties.
“No. 1 for me is the Patriots because it was done in the salary cap era. The Niners didn’t have to deal with that, so I don’t think you can really compare,” said Bedard. “Having to do it in the salary cap era is a much tougher achievement.”
6. How should the Colts manage Andrew Luck the rest of the year?
5. Who has the biggest tool bag roster in the NFL?
“I’ll go with the Bills. Take your pick: Sammy Watkins whining about not getting the ball, Incognito on the o-line, McCoy being a big baby about getting traded,” said Bedard. “Then you have Rex Ryan to top it all off.”
4. Give me a breakout player for 2016 — a current college player or current NFL player poised for a breakout year next year.
3. Is Seattle the Pittsburgh of the NFC – are they the most dangerous team on that side?
2. Do they need to change the NFL playoff system?
“Yes. The lower seeded team, even if they won their division, should have to play at the team with the better record,” said Bedard. “Look, they’re getting a playoff berth, that is enough benefit for winning your division. You’re in the playoffs even if you division is a bag of suck, you shouldn’t get to host a playoff game.”
1. Steelers or Broncos on Sunday?
“I definitely give Denver a chance, but I think the Steelers win. It feels like they’re going to run the table and be in one way or another.”