LOWELL (CBS) – A middle school in Lowell was evacuated Thursday morning after several students got sick.

The Sullivan School called 911 after a number of students experienced symptoms “indicative of carbon monoxide.”

However it turns out the students’ illness was likely caused by a virus. Five students who were experiencing nausea and vomiting were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The school will be cleaned Thursday night.

“All wings of the school are being tested and we can assure parents that we are cleaning, sanitizing and ensuring that if this is a virus we will be prepared to help families,” Lowell Schools said in a statement.

The status of Friday’s school day will be determined after testing has been conducted.


Leave a Reply