BOSTON (AP/CBS) — A fan struck by a foul ball that went behind home plate last year during a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park has sued the team’s principal owner.

Brookline resident Stephanie Taubin says in her lawsuit filed Wednesday against John Henry that she was above home plate in the EMC Club on June 17, 2014, when a ball came through an area usually protected by glass and hit her. The glass had been removed for renovations.

READ MORE: Large Search Underway Near Newburyport Boat Club For Missing Man Kevin Mahoney

The suit says Taubin suffered facial fractures and neurological damage. She is seeking unspecified damages.

The Red Sox told The Boston Globe that the organization doesn’t know the specifics, but that fan safety is a priority.

READ MORE: Trial For Man Charged With Killing Yarmouth Police Sgt. Sean Gannon Set To Begin

The team released the following statement Friday afternoon:

We were made aware by the Boston Globe of a civil action purportedly filed against either the Club or its Principal Owner by one of our fans injured at Fenway during a game. The Club generally does not comment on pending legal matters. But the safety of Red Sox fans and providing a quality ballpark experience are essential to the Red Sox, and to Mr. Henry, and are goals for which we strive as an organization to deliver.

Henry also owns the Globe.

MORE NEWS: Coronavirus In Massachusetts: Today's Developments

(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)