WWE Diva Paige returns to the Turnbuckle Weekly with Chuck Carroll.
She’s been on the main roster of WWE for less than a year but Paige has already captured gold twice and came within a whisper of becoming a three-time champion at Sunday’s Fastlane pay-per-view.
The rookie took down fan favorite AJ Lee to win her first two Diva’s titles, but was denied this go around by Nikki Bella.
As for AJ, the former champion has been absent from the ring since mid-December and has tweeted that she’s dealing with a neck injury. The wife of former popular WWE wrestler turned UFC fighter, CM Punk, has kept in touch with the Paige during her time off.
“She’s great,” Paige told me. “You know, some people just need a break to rest up. It happens to all of us. You get tired or rundown or you just need your body to rest up. “
Paige said AJ was constantly receiving treatment on her ailing neck before taking time off.
During the course of our conversation Paige also revealed she will return for the fourth season of Total Divas. The project is scheduled to begin filming at the end of the month and is believed to culminate at SummerSlam.
The Bella Twins and Natalya Neidhart will also be returning. While the cast has fluctuated with each season, Paige thinks most, if not all, of third season’s Divas will be returning, including her “Three Amigas” cohorts Alicia Fox and Rosa Mendes.
Speaking of Nattie, she hinted that the wholesome Canadian turns the tables on her in an upcoming episode and begins to get rather provocative with her backstage.
Here is everything you’ll hear during the 10-minute interview:
– WWE’s wacky idea to have her wrestle in a tutu
– How her popularity skyrocketed since joining Total Divas
– In-ring sexual nature: how much is an act?
– Provocative payback from Nattie
– Rosa told a lot of the WWE locker room she had a crush on her
– She was the last to know about Rosa’s feelings
– A past boyfriend treated her badly
– Details on fourth season of Total Divas
– Update on AJ Lee’s health and status
– Getting fan mail from a legendary WWE women’s wrestler
– What Divas could do with more TV time
Chuck Carroll is former pro wrestling announcer and referee turned sports media personality. He once appeared on Monday Night RAW when he presented Robert Griffin III with a WWE title belt in the Redskins locker room.
Follow him on Twitter @TheChuckCarroll.