DUXBURY (CBS) – Falling ice caused a small gas line explosion Thursday morning at a Duxbury Alzheimer’s facility.

The ice that dropped caused a gas meter to become detached from a pipe that feeds the heating system at the Alzheimer’s care center.

There are about 20-to-24 Alzheimer’s patients in that wing of the facility, but no one was near the area of the explosion.

No one was hurt.

The residents were evacuated and moved to the Bay Path Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.

Three-to-four apartments were damaged by the explosion.

Firefighters knocked down the fire quickly and cut the gas to the building.

The incident in Duxbury was similar to a gas line explosion that occurred at Quincy Medical Center on Wednesday.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens reports:

Comments

Leave a Reply