BOSTON (CBS) — WBZ-TV’s Levan Reid passes along some news and notes ahead of Sunday’s Patriots-Jets tilt at The Meadowlands.
– This will be the 112th meeting between the Pats and Jets, who have been AFC rivals since 1960.
– Tom Brady is 19-5 against the Jets in the regular season and 1-1 in the postseason.
– The last time the Pats played the Jets, New York held the ball for over 40 minutes and out-gained New England 218 to 63 on the ground.
– Brady has two or more touchdowns in 10 straight games. That ties him for the longest such single season streak in his career.
– Brady is 47-7 in December for the best win percentage of any quarterback in the month since the 1970 merger.
– Brady and Rob Gronkowski have connected on 52 touchdowns, the second most in history between and QB and tight end.
– The Pats are the first team in NFL history to win 11 division championships in a 12 year span.
– The Patriots have now qualified for the playoffs 22 times in their 55- year history.
– New England has earned 16 playoff berths in 21 seasons under the Kraft ownership.
– Bill Belichick has guided the Patriots to 12 division title — the most by a head coach since the 1970 merger.
– The Pats have 11 wins in a season for the 16th time in franchise history.
– Since 2000, the Pats are an NFL-best 53-9 in the month of December.
– Since 2001, the Pats are 66-18 against the AFC East in the regular season.
– Rob Ninkovich recorded his 8th sack last week, making him the first Patriots player to have three straight eight-plus sack seasons since Andre Tippett had five straight seasons from 1983-87.
– Julian Edelman needs eight receptions and 28 yards to reach 100 receptions and 1000 yards for the second straight seasons.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Patriots Host ‘Bed-Zone Bash’ At Gillette Stadium, Give Out 200 Beds To Children In Need
- Dont’a Hightower Dropped A Pretty Random Patriots Name On Monday
- Patriots Observations: Receivers Plagued By Drops In Penultimate Training Camp Practice
- Julian Edelman Has Potential Injury Scare At Patriots’ Monday Practice