CONCORD, N.H. (CBS/AP) — The number of New Hampshire customers without power after the season’s first major snowstorm is down to just over 30,000.
At peak, more than 200,000 homes and businesses were without electricity after the Wednesday night storm, the fourth largest outage in state history.
Public Service of New Hampshire reported about 31,000 homes and businesses without power midday Saturday, mostly in the southern part of the state. It expects to have electricity fully restored by Monday.
Unitil reported only 800 outages remaining among its customers as of about 12 p.m. It expects power to be restored by the end of the day.
“We’re pleased the vast majority of our customers are back on, and we’re deeply grateful to our crews, employees, emergency responders, elected officials and especially to our customers for their patience during this restoration,” Unitil spokesman Alec O’Meara said.
“Our crews will work through the day on all remaining customer outages before heading out to help neighboring utilities.”
New Hampshire officials said previously they hope to have power fully restored by Monday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON