BOSTON (CBS) – The Massachusetts Air National Guard will fly five F-15 fighter jets over eastern and southeastern parts of the state Thursday morning.
The flyover is part of a planned media event, the National Guard said.READ MORE: Mask Mandate Changes Anticipated In Massachusetts; Restaurants Wait For State Guidance
The fighter jets will take off from Barnes Air National Guard Base in Westfield and will fly at low altitudes on the following route:
• 8:10 a.m. Hanscom AFB, Bedford (1,000 feet)
• 8:13 a.m. Salem (1,000 feet)
• 8:16 a.m. Boston, Massachusetts State House (1,000 feet)
• 8:18 a.m Fenway Park (1,000 feet)
• 8:21 a.m. Norwood Airport (5,000 feet)READ MORE: Flames Rip Through Roof Of Plympton Home
• 8:23 a.m. Gillette Stadium (1,000 feet)
• 8:32 a.m. Cape Cod (5,000 feet)
• 8:42 a.m. Nantucket (5,000 feet)
• 8:47 a.m. Martha’s Vineyard (5,000 feet)
The flyover was originally scheduled to take place on Wednesday. It is unclear why the date was changed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTONMORE NEWS: Exit Renumbering Project Moves To Interstate 495
[display-posts category=”local” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4?”]