MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — City officials in Manchester say three stores have been shut down for selling a synthetic drug called spice that is suspected of causing a spate of overdoses.
The mayor convened an emergency meeting of police and city officials on Wednesday to address the ongoing problem.READ MORE: Jimmy Butler wants to run into Celtics 'and see who falls down first'
Officials say 34 people overdosed between Monday and Tuesday. None of the overdoses were fatal.READ MORE: Part of Route 1 in Saugus shut down after 2 tractor-trailers crash
Officials say many overdose victims said spice sold under the brand name Smacked and in bubble gum flavor was the main product causing the overdoses.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.MORE NEWS: Massachusetts gas prices reach new record high of $4.70 a gallon
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
[display-posts category=”local” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4?”]