BOSTON (CBS) — Gov. Deval Patrick said the Boston Marathon will be ‘very safe’ Monday as the city and several towns prepare for the first annual race since last year’s terrorist attacks.
“Somebody said it may be the safest place in America,” Patrick said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” Sunday.READ MORE: Framingham Man Seriously Injured In New Hampshire Rollover UTV Crash
“We’ve tried to strike a balance between enhanced security and preserving the family feel of this day.”
The governor did not get into specific changes to this year’s security, but he noted there will be “considerably more police presence” and a “number of undercover people and assets that will be deployed.”
Patrick said there has not been any specific information from the FBI about potential threats.READ MORE: Rep. Stephen Lynch: 'We Have To Get To An Agreement' On Stalled Infrastructure Bill
“The intelligence folks often talk about so-called ‘chatter’ in intelligence channels and there has not been elevated chatter, as they say.”
WBZ-TV is the only local station with live wire-to-wire coverage of the 2014 Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21st.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTONMORE NEWS: Man Runs Off With 'High-Value' Diamond Necklace From Swansea Jewelry Store
[display-posts category=”local” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4?”]