BOSTON (CBS) – Red Sox outfielder Jonny Gomes might be the second most interesting man in the world behind the Dos Equis guy.
He’s made the claim he doesn’t have tear ducts, and he’s also survived more near-death experiences than any of us will ever know.
Whether on air or in print, Jonny Gomes has said some pretty crazy things in the past. But when you read the quotes on paper, you can’t tell if it’s him speaking or a pro wrestler from the 1980’s.
Naturally, 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher & Rich show formulated a game for Wednesday’s show.
It’s simple really, Rich reads a quote and it’s up to Fred and Jon Wallach to decide whether it’s Gomes or an old school WWE grappler.
Here are some of the quotes:
– “People ask me all the time, ‘Did you ever think you’d do this or you’d do that?’ and I’m like ‘YEAHHHH!'”
– “When you’re down and out that’s the kind of rules I play by. But you? You play by a different kind of rules.”
– “What happened tonight was already written. It was written a long time ago.”
– “I’m a believer that the movie has already been written. All we had to do was press play.”
– “They said it was impossible. They said it couldn’t be done. And we did the impossible.”
– “Like I said, do or die. You have to do extreme things. Extreme angles. It definitely was on purpose. I’ve been waiting years to do that.”
Rich said mid-segment that it was easily one of the toughest games they’ve ever played just based on the similarities.
Play along and listen below to find out who said what!Comments (6)