BOSTON (CBS) – Starting Sunday, 232 victims of the Boston Marathon bombings will be receiving checks from One Fund Boston.
The victims’ fund announced Saturday that Administrator Kenneth Feinberg has begun the process of distributing donations, which totaled $60,952,000.READ MORE: Kyle Van Noy Hosts Christmas Party For Foster Children In Need
“No amount of money can replace what has been lost,” Feinberg said in a news release. “It was a solemn responsibility to allocate these finite contributions across tremendous pain and suffering, but it was made lighter by the unprecedented generosity of Bostonians, of Americans, and of people around the world.”
• Six people who either had family members killed in the blasts, lost multiple limbs or suffered permanent brain damage would each be receiving $2,195,000.
• An additional 14 people who lost limbs would receive $1,195,000.
• Remaining funds were broken down by length of hospital stay. A total of 69 people spent at least one night in the hospital as a result of the bombings. Funds were broken down accordingly:
• $948,300 for 32 or more overnights
• $735,000 for 24-31 overnights
• $580,000 for 16-23 overnights
• $480,000 for 8-15 overnights
• $275,000 for 3-7 overnights
• $125,000 for 1-2 overnights
• The remaining 143 victims were treated on an emergency outpatient basis. Each will receive $8,000.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports