BOSTON (CBS/AP) – Boston Mayor Tom Menino has announced that The One Fund has raised $20 million since last week’s marathon bombings.READ MORE: Brookline teachers' strike ends, schools to be open Tuesday
Menino says over 50,000 people have donated, and $5 million came from online donations.
“This past week our city triumphed over terror,” said Menino, “showed how beloved our city is.”
Donate: One Fund Boston
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick says all money will go to victims, not to administrative costs.
“The entire Commonwealth stands with them as they move forward from this tragedy,” said Gov. Patrick.READ MORE: Massachusetts gas prices rise to new record high of $4.65 a gallon
Patrick, Menino and the fund’s administrator, Kenneth Feinberg, announced details at a news conference on Tuesday. The first payments are expected to be distributed June 30.
Feinberg, an attorney who managed the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund, is helping to create a protocol for distributing the fund.
Three people were killed in last Monday’s bombings at the Boston Marathon and over 170 were injured. An MIT police officer was allegedly killed by the suspects before a gunfight in Watertown.
More information is available by calling 1-855-617-FUND and victims can register online at OneFundBoston.org.
To send a check by mail:
One Fund Boston, Inc.
800 Boylston Street #990009
Boston, MA 02199
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)