By Jim Armstrong, WBZ-TV

FITCHBURG (CBS) – It’s going to be a while before things get back to normal for Judy Sanchez and her three-year-old daughter.

Last Thursday, a team of FBI agents swarmed her apartment building as part of a massive citywide drug and weapons gang raid.

Trouble is, Sanchez lives in apartment 2R.

The suspect they were after is in 2F.

At 6:04 last Thursday morning, just before Sanchez’ alarm was set to go off, she heard a pounding outside her second floor apartment.

WBZ-TV’s Jim Armstrong reports

“I just happened to glance over and saw this huge chainsaw ripping down the side of my door,” she explains. “And I was freaking out. I didn’t know what was going on.”

Within moments, the chainsaw had cut through most of her door, and someone on the FBI’s arrest team kicked the rest of it in.

“That’s when I heard the clicking of a gun and I heard ‘FBI, get down!’, so I laid right on down.

And they said get your dog, so I got her and at the same time I am laying in her urine because she did pee on herself at the same time.”

That dog is the family’s three-month-old pit bull puppy.

Sanchez says they left her on the floor for 35 minutes, with her daughter screaming for her mommy in the other room.

“I was told not to move, so I didn’t move,” she tells WBZ, out of fear that she’d be shot.

Eventually the feds figured out they were in the wrong spot and they arrested the suspect they were after in the next door apartment.

Sanchez can’t believe that a two-year long federal investigation ended at the wrong door.

“The looks on their faces when they knew they got the wrong door was priceless,” she recalls. “They looked at each other dumbfounded.”

Sanchez says another agent came by later that day to offer an apology, but it was one that Sanchez felt wasn’t quite genuine.

“For me it felt routine apology, it felt like just a regular, ‘I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Here’s the phone number for your landlord to get reimbursed for the door, have a good day.’

And that’s how I felt, like it was a smack in the face.”

Comments (651)
  1. Jon Weiss says:

Mrs. Sanchez should have waited until the Storm Troopers were done, and then after the agent had apologized, she should have simply responded,

“No Problem Officer, I’ll see YOU in court.”

2. RJ O'Guillory says:

…for those still questioning the Oklahoma City bombing,…look for the geological records of the earthquake monitoring at the time,…records show their was a blast from McVeigh’s truck bomb,…but it also shows the geological record for the second blast that took place almost immediately after the first,….and then again, you could read about the eye-witness accounts of the firefighters having to remove yet another bomb from the building,….

..again, they are all gangsters and war criminals that deserve to be charged, tried, found guilty….. and executed in the most horrific manner possible…..

Regards,

RJ O’Guillory
    Author-
    Webster Groves-The Life of an Insane Family

3. massvocals says:

a law suit cost thousand of dollars and lots of work for lawyer to take down what amounts to the government endless pockets , Don’t you see people the plutocracy of the elite class in voting for the same old system yo get this . an attack ,over drug war or international terrorism , end less war and you all are the game they are the hunter and its all for profit and gain just call a cop and see that state presses charges someone goes away and there all agents of the state not for you it cost you control by those you vote in like nit R money the 1 % you really think hes for poor he said it frankly not concern there is a net sure .. you live in Massachusetts see the net , she has no ideal over who to ask even the ACLU would think about this case
    after all they fix the door now she has to show damages her daughter ? nightmares well

4. Platoon Sergeant Chee says:

Of course the FBI officers will not be charged due to their immunity. Clearly
    the government henchmen are not on our side; they are the government. If
    we committed a crime against their daughters we would be in prison. Whose
    daughter was this innocent mom?

5. charlie says:

Shows that government just hires morons for “law enforcement” – just a bunch of apes that are given guns, in order to keep us living in fear of the gubment. I suppose this is why you really should never live in more than an apartment, because you won’t have to pay for the damage these idiots inflict. Come to think of it you really never own anything, even when you buy a house, you are really only buying the right to rent it from the gubment via property taxes. Only difference is when the gubment is your landlord they don’t have to fix things.

6. Joe Myrick says:

So what did the guy next door do, make true statements about the Qu’ran

7. cynic says:

In order to ensure that this never happens again,The Alphabet will be taught at the FBI Academy in Quantico Virginia.

8. Cynic says:

I havn’t the time to read all 613 comments so I very well could have missed them so I’ll ask:
    How many have taken the opportunity to dump on “Illegal Aliens”?

9. Paul Pot says:

The more of these stories I hear the more I am convinced that these are not mistakes.
    I believe it is actually part of government policy to spread fear through the community.
    The government calls it sending a message when really it’s terrorism.
    Our own governments are the biggest terrorists on earth.
    And if this is how our police behave in their own country, imagine how they behave when they are on duty in an occupied country.
    No wonder people take up the struggle against us and we call them the terrorists.

10. TAW says:

Please address your comments to:
    Director Robert Robert Mueller
    FBI Headquarters 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
    Phone: (202) 324-3000

And to your elected representative.

11. sore back says:

I don’t even understand how I ended up right here, however I thought this put up was once good. I do not know who you’re but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger should you aren’t already. Cheers!

12. buy usa vpn says:

I will immediately grab your rss as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly allow me realize so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

13. improve traffic says:

I loved as much as you will obtain carried out proper here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. however, you command get bought an shakiness over that you want be turning in the following. sick no doubt come further before again as exactly the similar just about a lot incessantly inside of case you protect this increase.

14. real estate,real estate listings,real estate foreclosures,remax,real estate value,commercial real estate,real estate careers,google real estate,real estate companies says:

I just could not depart your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information a person provide to your visitors? Is going to be again often in order to investigate cross-check new posts