WELLFLEET, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say an 80-year-old man has been found dead at his Wellfleet home apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency workers went to the man’s remote home on Thursday after being asked to make a well-being check because he did not show up for an appointment.

The death remains under investigation but does not appear suspicious and does not appear connected to last weekend’s nor’easter.

The state medical examiner’s office is scheduled to perform an autopsy to determine a cause of death.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s