By Diana Perez, WBZ-TV

WORCESTER (CBS) – To most people meeting Frank ‘n Louie for the first time he looks like any ordinary cat.

“They initially walk up with the look of ‘oh what a beautiful cat’ and then as he turns I see the look of horror come across their face.”

Marty, Frank ‘n Louie’s owner says her cat with two names is also the cat with two faces and after turning 12 earlier this month, he’s now the oldest two-faced cat.

WBZ-TV’s Diana Perez reports

He was nominated by Guinness World Records for the longest living Janus cat, which is a new term for two faced cat, says Marty. The term Janus cat refers to the Roman God Janus who had two faces.

But Frank ‘n Louie almost didn’t make it. When he was just one day old a breeder dropped him off to be euthanized. Marty, a veterinary nurse, adopted him right away, “Nobody had claimed him and I said ‘I’ll take him I’ll take him’ and everybody just told me don’t get your hopes up, they don’t live and I said, ‘let me just try.”

And so this two faced feline grew up to be a loving, healthy cat. With a few unique quirks that make Frank, Frank and Louie, Louie.

“Everything works in unison, so when this side eats, this side sometimes goes up and down… He see’s out of the two outside eyes here, the middle eye is not functional but it doesn’t bother him at all. He’s fine with the way he looks,” says Marty.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Lana Jones reports

It’s twice the cat and twice the cute!

Frank ‘n Louie wasn’t expected to make it longer than four days, much less 12 years. His life expectancy is between 13 and 15 years but his owner is hoping he’ll keep his miracle cat status going and live well into is 20’s.

Comments (91)
  1. eric says:

There are a lot of two faced people out there.

2. Luis D. Rey says:

HOLLYWIOOD HIck,

No, this Cat was the result of Bill Ayers breeding with Barack Obama (Yo Mama)

3. boredstiff says:

who new a 2 faced kitty could inspire such debate? lol

4. Wendy says:

Way to go Marty! You are a woman with a good heart. :)

It saddens me that there are people that believe that just because something is different it doesn’t deserve to live.

5. MaryEllen Milne says:

I have a beautiful, new kitty. Nothing wrong with him; his owners just didn’t want him –pitched him in my door and ran doiwn the hall to the elevator. I wouldn’t have minded if he had had two faces, or two tails or eight paws –; he’s just another little sweetheart who;s in need of loving. I expect this lady’s little cat is in the same need of love, and I congratulate her — laud her — for the love she’s giving her new little pet. You go, girl! — and go kitty, too!
    Love,
    Mary Ellen

P.S. Please, if you ever get the chance, send me pictures and updates on Frank and Louie. Thanks.

M.M.

6. cats licking says:

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your website in internet explorer, may test this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a good portion of folks will miss your wonderful writing because of this problem.