The quiet town of Westwood sits to the south and west of Boston. And perhaps it’s so quiet because it’s keeping a lot of secrets. Here are a few that we dug up. How many of them did you know? Take the quiz —
Related: More Townie Trivia
B. Best Public School Systems
C. Best Real Estate Markets
D. Best Places to Live in the United States
2. Westwood is home to one of the country’s oldest ____.
A. Police Stations
C. Elementary Schools
D. General Stores
3. Westwood is a dry town.
4.The remains of what hiding place for King Philip and his men during the King Philip’s War sits along Route 109?
A. A Wooden Fort
B. A Cave
C. A Colonial-style House
D. A Stone Wall
5. Xaverian Bothers High School, a Catholic school for boys, is located in Westwood. Which NFL quarterback graduated from Xaverian?
A. Todd Collins, Chicago Bears
B. Brian St. Pierre, Carolina Panthers
C. Dan Orlovsky, Houston Texans
D. Matt Hasselback, Indianapolis Colts
6. What was Westwood’s original name?
A. West Dedham
B. West Canton
C. West Towne
D. New Dedham
7. Which type of soldier from the Battle of Bunker Hill was buried in the old Westwood cemetery?
8. The record holder for most Super Bowl rings graduated from Westwood High School.
9. Westwood’s Bubbling Brook Restaurant has some of the best ___ in Massachusetts.
A. American Cuisine
B. Cheap Eats
C. Ice Cream
D. Fried Seafood
10. A former Red Sox General Manager is from Westwood.
Answers on Page 2