Once upon a time, Somerville was part of Charlestown. Then some things happened. Now, Somerville is a city unto itself. So test your knowledge. How much do you know about Somerville?
2. On what present-day Somerville street did the first recorded settler live?
A. Dane Street
B. Washington Street
C. Medford Street
D. Cedar Street
3. Which NFL team does Gosder Cherilus of Somerville play for?
A. New England Patriots
B. Buffalo Bills
C. Indianapolis Colts
D. San Diego Chargers
4. How many hills of Somerville are there?
5. What is the significance of the name Somerville?
A. It has no meaning
B. It was named after the man who led the campaign to separate from Charlestown
C. It shares the name with a town in England
D. It was named after one of the ships that carried Boston settlers
6. Which beloved sandwich condiment was invented in Somerville?
C. Peanut Butter
7. Which restaurant chain’s first store opened in Somerville?
A. Ninety Nine
8. Which female professional sport is played in Somerville?
D. Field Hockey
9. Which local college hockey coach calls Somerville home?
A. Jack Parker, former BU coach
B. David Quinn, current BU coach
C. Jerry York, BC coach
D. Jim Madigan, Northeastern coach
10. Last year, Somerville received its first All-America City Reward.
Answers on Page 2