NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2

Stephen Coan

(WBZ-TV)

Will Your Carbon Monoxide Detector Protect You?

Many people don’t realize the devices are only good for five to seven years.

03/24/2014

File Image (Photo credit should read JACQUES DEMARTHON/AFP/Getty Images)

State Fire Marshal Warns About Bringing Fireworks Into Mass.

As the Fourth of July draws closer, Massachusetts’ fire marshal is warning motorists that it’s illegal to bring fireworks into the Bay State.

06/24/2013

The fire broke out around midnight in this triple-decker on Lewis Street.

4-Alarm Fire At Lynn Apartment Building Ruled Arson

Investigators say a fire in a Lynn apartment building this week that displaced more than 60 residents was deliberately set.

03/27/2013

One of the many memorials to the victims at the Station nightclub fire site. (Photo by Kim Tunnicliffe)

Rhode Island Marks 10th Anniversary Of Station Nightclub Fire

Ten years later, the imprint of the fire remains in this tiny state of just over 1 million residents.

02/20/2013

Heavy snow and rain caused the roof of a warehouse in Wilmington to collapse on Wednesday.

State Fire Marshal Reminds Residents To Clear Snow From Roof Before Rain

Massachusetts Fire Marshal Stephen Coan suggests removing snow from roofs before Monday’s rain if it can be done safely.

02/10/2013

Firefighter training (File image)

Firefighters Rethink Strategies Because Of Modern Furnishings

When the fire alarm sounds, the situation is much different today than it was just few years ago. Quick response time has always been critical, but it is even more crucial today.

01/04/2013

A vacant building in Weymouth was the latest in a series of 18 suspected arson cases on the South Shore.

Suspicious Weymouth Fire Is 18th South Shore Fire In Past 2 Months

An abandoned building on the South Shore went up in flames early Sunday morning and investigators say it may be related to a recent string of fires there.

12/02/2012

Peabody firefighter James Rice.

Firefighter Dies Battling Peabody Apartment Fire

The Peabody Fire Chief has identified the fallen firefighter as James Rice, an 11-year veteran.

12/23/2011

Fire Marshal Stephen Coan held a news conference after two people died from CO poisoning in Palmer.

Two Die From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Palmer

Two people trying to stay warm without electricity in Palmer were found dead in their home Tuesday.

11/01/2011

Fire companies from 15 towns responded and everyone inside the Old Groton Inn escaped safely.

Lack Of Sprinklers A Factor In Total Loss Of Groton Inn

The building, which first opened in 1678, appears to be a total loss, though, damage estimates have not been calculated.

08/04/2011

more

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,977 other followers