Columbia Gas Company admits they are at fault for an explosion that leveled a Springfield strip club.
Columbia Gas has set up a claims center at Springfield City Hall for those impacted by Friday’s gas explosion.
The gas company president said its employee who caused a massive gas explosion followed the correct procedures.
Authorities in western Massachusetts announced on Saturday that human error was to blame for a blast that leveled a strip club, damaged 42 buildings, and injured 21 people in Springfield’s entertainment district.
A massive gas explosion inside a strip club in Springfield leveled the establishment and left tens of surrounding buildings damaged beyond repair on Friday night.
Firefighters were investigating a gas leak at a strip club when there was a massive explosion.
Police say a Springfield man left his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son in a car while he went shopping for Black Friday bargains, then went home with his new 51-inch flat screen television and left the toddler behind.
Springfield officials say all three casino developers who submitted proposals during the first phase of the city’s selection process have been approved for the next phase of consideration.
The debate takes place at Springfield Symphony Hall at 7 p.m. It’s the only debate in the western part of the state.
One of the four gambling companies that have expressed an interest in building a casino in Springfield has opened an office in the city.