Heimlich

Lisa Ferreira at the 99 in Milford

Waitress Helps Save Choking Nun In Milford

A waitress is being credited with helping to save the life of a 77-year-old retired nun who lost consciousness at a Milford 99 Restaurant.

09/26/2012

Joe Milan and Bob Walenski.

Man Saves Friend Who Was Choking On Corn Chips

Joe Milan was working alone at the Ashland Fish & Game Club, chowing down on a hot dog and some Fritos, when he began choking on the chips.

09/22/2011

File image (credit: AP)

Haverhill Custodian With No Heimlich Training Saves Choking Student’s Life

An eighth grader at Whittier Middle School in Haverhill says a custodian saved his life. This happened during lunch, when custodian Luis Gonzalez saw 14-year-old Elijah Marinez choking on a hamburger.

05/20/2011

WBBM0803clunker

The Parent Report

It was an emergency, and a girl from Long Island, New York says she was inspired to help her friend thanks to a TV cartoon show.

07/30/2010

WBBM0803clunker

The Parent Report

It was an emergency, and a girl from Long Island, New York says she was inspired to help her friend thanks to a TV cartoon show.

07/21/2010

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,072 other followers