NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2

Firefighters

Hazmat situation at N-Tek in Lawrence. (Photo courtesy Lawrence Fire IAFF)

Homes Evacuated After Hazmat Incident In Lawrence

Four firefighters were transported to the hospital after responding to a hazmat situation on Ballard Road in Lawrence early Sunday morning.

07/13/2014

Boston firefighters battle a blaze on the roof of a Charles Street building. (WBZ-TV)

Hidden Danger Putting Firefighters At Risk For Cancer

Research has found significantly higher rates of respiratory, digestive and urinary cancers in firefighters than in the general population.

05/19/2014

Heavy flames at Suffolk Downs. (WBZ-TV)

Fire Damages Building At Suffolk Downs

Firefighters were battling flames and heavy smoke near the horse stables of Suffolk Downs race track Tuesday night.

04/29/2014

Four people were sickened by carbon monoxide in a Weymouth home. (WBZ-TV)

Carbon Monoxide Poisons 4 In Weymouth After Car Was Left On

A Weymouth couple thanks God they and their grandchildren are alive after a carbon monoxide scare at their home.

04/22/2014

Boston Firefighters ran a hose through this BMW that was parked in front of a hydrant on Lexington Street. (WBZ-TV)

Illegally Parked BMW Smashed By Boston Firefighters Was Brand New

The friend of a driver who had his car windows smashed out by firefighters in East Boston on Wednesday evening says the vehicle was only two days old.

04/10/2014

The flag draped between fire trucks  for the funeral procession for Lt. Ed Walsh. (Photo by Beth Germano-WBZ-TV)

Death Benefit Increased For Fallen First Responders

Death benefits paid to the families of public safety officers who die in the line of duty would be increased under a bill approved unanimously by the Massachusetts House of Representatives on Wednesday.

04/02/2014

Hyannis fire truck. (WBZ-TV)

I-Team: Fire Districts Not Subject To Proposition 2 1/2

A realtor has filed a lawsuit challenging the way Hyannis plans to pay for a new $20 million fire station.

03/03/2014

(Credit: Thinkstock)

Auburn Offers Training On Dealing With Fire In A Home When A Child Has Autism

When there’s a fire in the home of a child with autism it poses special challenges for parents and caregivers.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030–02/19/2014

Uxbridge fire caused by week-old ashes. (WBZ-TV)

Week-Old Fireplace Ashes Blamed For Uxbridge House Fire

The fire, caused by ashes placed in a paper bag, did an estimated $80,000 in damage.

02/11/2014

Fire at Merrimac Paper Co. in Lawrence. (Photo from Lawrence PD)

Fire Destroys Lawrence Paper Mill

The roof caved in at the Merrimac Paper Company building in Lawrence on Monday.

01/13/2014

more