Police say the parents of a 3-year-old boy have been charged with endangering his welfare after they overdosed on heroin while giving him a bath in New Hampshire.
The state of emergency follows a sudden spike in overdoses from people ingesting a synthetic drug called “Smacked.”
City officials in Manchester say three stores have been shut down for selling a synthetic drug called spice that is suspected of causing a spate of overdoses.
For the first time, Narcan will be issued to a select group of state police troopers.
A former doctor was alternately portrayed as a reckless prescriber of powerful, addictive drugs and a compassionate caregiver who tried to help people suffering from chronic pain, as his federal trial began Tuesday.