Columbia Gas has set up a claims center at Springfield City Hall for those impacted by Friday’s gas explosion.
The gas company president said its employee who caused a massive gas explosion followed the correct procedures.
Authorities in western Massachusetts announced on Saturday that human error was to blame for a blast that leveled a strip club, damaged 42 buildings, and injured 21 people in Springfield’s entertainment district.
A Lawrence laundromat owner offering free dryer service has been accused of stealing $55,000 worth of natural gas.
Officials went door-to-door to nearly 1,000 Methuen residents Thursday night, shutting their gas off because of a major gas outage in the city.