A proposed first-in-the-nation ban on sales of all tobacco and nicotine products has bitterly divided Westminster.
About 40 people are looking for a new place to live after a fire tore through a Salem apartment complex overnight.
Two people were seriously injured in an early morning fire in New Bedford that may have been sparked by a cigarette.
Investigators say the careless disposal of a cigarette sparked a rooftop fire on Beacon Street Monday night.
Boston fire investigators say the careless disposal of a cigarette is to blame for a fire that tore through three triple deckers in Dorchester on Wednesday.
A Natick man was rescued from a house fire early Saturday morning.
NH House passed a bill that would cut the rate 10 cents to $1.68 per pack in hopes of attracting smokers from surrounding states with higher taxes.
A jury has awarded $71 million in damages to the estate and son of a Boston woman who died of lung cancer, ruling in a lawsuit that accused Lorillard Tobacco Co. of trying to entice black children to become smokers by handing out free samples in urban neighborhoods.