Dee Lee is a Certified Financial Planner who received a diploma in Financial Planning from Boston University and her MBA from Simmons College. She dissolved her successful financial planning practice for individuals so that she could devote all of her energies to educating the financial consumer. She is a member of the Financial Planning Association and served on their national Board of Directors.
Dee has penned several books, her newest; Women and Money; Your Personal Finance Guide is available at Amazon. This book gives women no-nonsense financial planning advice and discusses the financial roles women take on during their lifetimes. This book is also being used for Women and Money conferences being sponsored by state treasurers, YWCAs, and Women’s Commissions around the country.
Money, a simple title, but not a simple book. Everyone knows how important it is to make the most of their money. You try to spend wisely and save as much as you can. But to achieve true financial success you’ll have to move beyond the basics and learn about money management.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Retiring Early is all about catching the golden ring before age 65. So much of Dee’s time is spent advising pre-retirees that a book about retiring early seemed a natural. What you need to know to achieve that illusive dream of an early retirement is all included in the book. It’s fun and easy reading.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to 401(k) Plans, recently updated is essential resource material for the retirement plan participant. The title here is misleading for the book was not written just for the novice investor but offers the more sophisticated reader the opportunity to learn about retirement plans as well.
Let’s Talk Money, is a book written to help the reader understand the maze of personal finance and to learn to invest the old fashion way. Dee’s books are available in bookstores or at amazon.com.
Dee believes in the importance of financial education. She has teamed up with state treasurer, Tim Cahill to help him educate the women of Massachusetts. Check her site (www.deelee.net) to find a free women and money conference near you.
She has been featured in the New York Sunday Times and quoted as a resource in USA Today, Fortune, Money, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Fidelity Focus, Financial Planning, Smart Money, Worth, Forbes, Journal of Financial Planning, Employee Benefit News, Employee Benefit Plan Review, Fidelity’s Stages, and The Wall Street Journal. Dee spent ten years writing the Money Manager column, a personal finance column for the Boston Herald.
Finding the perfect the gift for some folks on your list is hard. Cash always pleases. It certainly is quick, easy, and never returned.
Christmas can happen even on a tight budget. If you don’t have much money to spend then you will need to spend your time.
Can you really save on Christmas spending? Giving to fewer recipients is a good start.
Yesterday I talked about the 40% of folks already finished with their holiday shopping. So this is for the other 60% still in a planning stage.
I have been talking about the need for planning your holiday purchases for over 15 years now, but it always surprises me when I first see the Christmas displays in the stores.
Today it’s about your discretionary expenses. This is stuff you have more control over than a fixed mortgage payment.
There are many small life style changes you can make to save big money, so let’s look at your fixed expenses.
Saving money does not mean you have to deprive yourself of the things you like to do. If you deprive yourself of all of the fun stuff in life you will never stick to a savings plan.
Our government can print up money but you and I cannot! So we need to find ways to save more.
Recently I was speaking about retirement planning and I was very disappointed when only about half my audience raised their hands when asked if they were actively saving for retirement.