The Boston Pops will hold its 39th Fireworks Spectacular this July 4 on the Esplanade with a practice run on July 3 that is also open to the public. Here is the schedule of events:
Tuesday, July 3 Concert
6 p.m. – Oval opens
8:20 p.m. – Concert begins
9:30 p.m. – 1812 Overture” is played
10 p.m. – Concert ends
Note: There will be NO FIREWORKS DISPLAY on July 3.
Wednesday, July 4 Concert and Fireworks
9 a.m. – Oval opens
12 p.m. – Recorded music begins in Boston
6 p.m. – Recorded music begins in Cambridge
7 p.m. – WBZ News Radio 1030 simulcast begins
8 p.m. – Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular broadcast begins on WBZ-TV
8:20 p.m. – Boston Pops concert begins with the National Anthem and flyover
9:30 p.m. – “1812 Overture” is played live on Esplanade
10 p.m. – CBS Network national broadcast begins
10:35 p.m. – Fireworks begin
11 p.m. – Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular ends
- Lowell native, Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winning actor Michael Chiklis will host the show.
- Academy Award-winning actress and Grammy Award- winning recording artist, Jennifer Hudson will take center stage with the Boston Pops and conductor Keith Lockhart.
- Boston-born Irish rock band Dropkick Murphys will perform with the Pops.
- Boston native, Mary Callanan, Jennifer Swiderski and Kaye Tuckerman, all cast members of the hit Broadway musical MAMMA MIA! will be performing “Dancing Queen” and “The Winner Takes It All.”
- The Navy Band Sea Chanters, the United States Navy’s official chorus.
- A flyover of F-15 Eagles by the 104th Fighter Wing of the Massachusetts Air National Guard in Westfield.
- This year’s Honor Guard consists of members from the United States Navy USS Constitution, the United States Coast Guard and the United States Marines who will all be participating in the “Star Spangled Banner.” In addition, some of the honor guard members will be wearing period uniforms to mark the War of 1812 Bicentennial.
- Cannons will be fired by members of the 101st Field Artillery Regiment.