98.5 THE SPORTS HUB SEARCH FOR BOSTON’S NEW WEEKEND CO-HOST AUDITION
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR BE SELECTED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF BEING SELECTED.
HOW TO ENTER AND AUDITION
1. These rules govern the “98.5 The Sports Hub Search for Boston’s New Weekend Co-Host” Auditions (the “Audition”) being conducted by WBZ-FM (the “Station”) beginning on Monday, June 3, 2013 at 2:00pm and ending on July 27, 2013 at 12:00am. Times specified in these rules are Eastern Time (“ET”). Audition locations, dates and/or times for each round are subject to change and any changes will be broadcast on Station, posted on the Station website, http://www.cbsbostonsports.com, and will be reflected in updated rules.
3. Online entrants (each, a “Contestant”) will be invited, via email, to join the Station at one (1) of ten (10) On-site Auditions. The On-site Auditions will be conducted as follows:
Miller’s Ale House – Friday, June 14, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
617 Arsenal St Watertown, MA 02472
Billy’s Sports Bar and Grill – Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
34 Tarrytown Rd Manchester, NH 03103
Jamie’s – Friday, June 21, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
25 High St North Andover, MA 01845
Jerry Remy’s – Seaport – Wednesday, June 26, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
250 Northern Ave Boston, MA 02210
Angry Ham’s – Friday, June 28, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
2 Beacon St Framingham, MA 01701
Dave and Busters – Tuesday, July 2, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
40 Providence Pl Providence, RI 02903
Jake n’ Joes - Thursday, July 11, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
475 Providence Hwy Norwood, MA 02062
The Charlie Horse – Friday, July 12, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
674 W Center St #1 West Bridgewater, MA 02379
Stadium – Saturday, July 13, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
1495 Hancock St. Quincy, MA 02169
Arena’s Sports Bar and Night Club – Tuesday, July 16, 2013 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
53 High St Nashua, NH 03060
A Contestant must attend his or her assigned On-site Audition, and must be on site and registered at least sixty (60) minutes prior to the start of the audition event. If a Contestant is unable for any reason to attend an assigned On-site Audition on a timely basis, he or she will be disqualified.
1. The Promotion is open to all persons who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in Massachusetts, Rhode Island or New Hampshire. Employees of the Station, the Station’s licensee, MillerCoors LLC, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies and participating sponsors, alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors and retailers, other radio stations in the Boston metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to audition or be selected. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules.
2. All Contestants, Semi-Finalists or Finalists may be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to proceed to the next round or to be offered an employment agreement. Station may perform a standard CBS Radio background check on any Semi-finalist or Finalist. In the event a Semi-finalist or Finalist does not complete the necessary authorizations and otherwise cooperate with such background check, he or she will be disqualified. Additional reference material may also be required to be provided by Finalists.
3. Each person who enters and auditions is required to provide truthful information and Station will disqualify any individual that Station discovers to have provided false, misleading or fraudulent information. Station will disqualify any individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
4. Station intends to assign ten (10) Contestants to each On-site Audition; however, the Station reserves the right to select more or fewer Contestants in its sole discretion.
1. The individual determined solely by Station following the Audition Finals to be most deserving of an opportunity to co-host a weekend radio show on Station (the “Potential Employee”) as a temporary employee will be provided the opportunity to enter into an employment agreement with Station (the “Agreement”) on terms and conditions as shall be determined by Station, in its sole discretion. The Agreement shall provide for Station’s right, but not obligation, to use the Potential Employee’s on-air services for a once-a-week radio program at such day and time as Station may from time to time designate and for the Potential Employee to be paid a salary at the annual pre-tax rate of $5,489.12 (paid as $26.39 per hour). So long as the Agreement is not terminated for cause by Station, Station shall be obligated to pay the Potential Employee $26.39 per on-air shift hour (less any deductions or taxes required by law) regardless of whether or not Station elects to use the Potential Employee’s on-air services. The Agreement shall be subject to Station’s UE Agreement and the Potential Employee may be required to join UE and to pay union dues. If you have previously been expelled or suspended from UE, you may not be eligible to rejoin UE and may be disqualified from being the Potential Employee. The Potential Employee will not be reimbursed for the expense of joining the union or for union dues and due to the number of hours to be worked at the Station, the Potential Employee will not be eligible to participate in any of Station’s or UE’s health or other benefit plans. The Potential Employee will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the Agreement and being selected as the Potential Employee. The Potential Employee will be responsible for following all of Station’s programming guidelines and other Station policies as directed by Station management. Selection as a Potential Employee in no way guarantees future employment.
2. The Potential Employee shall not have the right to substitute the opportunity to enter into the Agreement for any other item of value or for the cash equivalent and shall not have the right to transfer or assign the Agreement to any other individual or entity. The Potential Employee shall not be entitled to anything other than the item(s) listed above and except as expressly specified, shall not be reimbursed in connection with any taxes or expenses associated with being selected as the Potential Employee and/or entering into the Agreement. Other restrictions may apply.
3. If the Potential Employee is ineligible, elects not to enter into the Agreement, fails to comply with the Agreement or is deemed unsuitable by Station to host a radio program on Station, Station may, but is not obligated to, select an alternative individual to be offered the Agreement.
4. The Potential Employee will also receive one (1) broadcast scholarship to the Connecticut School of Broadcasting (“CSB”) in Needham, Massachusetts. Scholarship includes: tuition, training materials, fees and use of CSB studios (upon availability) upon successful completion and graduation from the CSB program. Approximate Retail Value of the scholarship is $12,990, including required fees. Potential Employee is ineligible to receive the scholarship if he or she has already applied for, has been accept by, is a current student at, or is a former student or graduate of any CSB school location; however, all such individuals are eligible to audition and receive the week-end co-host employment.
SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
1. Contestants will register at their assigned On-site Audition location at a designated area with Station employees. Once registered, each Contestant will be given on-air copy to read aloud, with each reading to be videotaped. The videotaped readings will be reviewed by a judging panel consisting of the Station’s Program Director and Assistant Program Director. The judging panel will rate each Contestant’s reading based on the following criteria: fluency, inflection, energy, vocal quality, accuracy, sports knowledge and personality.
2. The Contestant from each On-site Audition who is rated the best will be deemed a Semi-finalist and invited to be interviewed by the Station’s Vice President of Programming and Assistant Program Director.
1. Semi-finalist interviews will take place at the Station studios, 83 Leo M Birmingham Parkway, Brighton MA 02135, during the week of July 15, 2013. Interviews will be set at mutually agreeable times and dates to the extent possible. If a Semi-finalist is unable or unwilling to be interviewed for any reason, he or she will be disqualified.
2. After all Semi-finalists have been interviewed, the Station’s Vice President of Programming and Assistant Program Director will select the four (4) Semi-finalists deemed to be the best based on the following criteria; ability, desire, and potential. The four (4) selected individuals will be deemed Finalists and invited to attend the Audition Finals.
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION (AUDITION FINALS)
1. The four (4) Finalists will be invited to participate in the Audition Finals at the following location and time:
Hurricane O’Reilly’s – Saturday, July 27, 2013 from 10pm – 12 midnight ET
150 Canal St Boston, MA 02114
2. Each Finalist will be asked to co-host a thirty (30) minute exchange with a 98.5 The Sports Hub Personality. Each Finalist will be judged by 98.5 The Sports Hub Program Director Mike Thomas and 98.5 The Sports Hub APD Rick Radzik on sports knowledge, rapport, and on-air demeanor. The Finalist deemed to be the best and most deserving based as determined by the judges in their sole discretion shall be named the Potential Employee.
1. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Potential Employee. All amounts paid to the Potential Employee will be reported to the IRS. Prior to being offered the opportunity to enter into the Agreement, the Potential Employee will be required to complete and submit IRS Forms W-4, I-9 and such other paperwork required of Station’s new employees, including without limitation the obligation to provide the Potential Employee’s full Social Security Number.
2. By participating in the Audition, each Contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Audition without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent.
3. Station, in its sole discretion, may require that the Potential Employee agree to release and hold harmless Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, MillerCoors LLC, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the Potential Employee’s participation in the Audition and entering into the Agreement. Contestants acknowledge that MillerCoors LLC’s only involvement with the Audition is as a Co-Promoter, and by entering, agree to release MillerCoors LLC from any and all liability with respect to the administration of the Audition, including, without limitation, the delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, use and/or misuse of Prizes or parts of any Prize.
4. If for any reason this Audition cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Audition, or if the Audition is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Audition. If the Audition is terminated before the original end date, Station reserves the right not to select a Potential Employee or to choose, in Station’s sole discretion, the Potential Employee from any of the participants prior to the termination.
5. Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Audition may result in a participant’s disqualification and/or termination of employment with no further liability of Station to the Potential Employee. If Station makes a good faith determination that a participant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with an audition event, Station reserves the right to disqualify that participant from entering and/or winning future promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Audition, including, without limitation, providing the Potential Employee with merchandise, services and/or cash of equivalent value to the Agreement, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Station, any element of the Audition is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Audition and shall not be required to offer any participant the opportunity to enter into the Agreement or to provide merchandise, services or cash of comparable value.
7. Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Audition or in the announcement of the Potential Employee.
8. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by Saturday, July 27, 2013 to “98.5 The Sports Hub Search for Boston’s Next Weekend Co-Host” contest – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WBZ-FM, 83 Leo M Birmingham Parkway, Brighton MA 02135. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 21, 2013 to the above address marked “98.5 The Sports Hub Search for Boston’s Next Weekend Co-Host” contest – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at http://www.cbsbostonsports.com.
CBS Radio and WBZ-FM are Equal Opportunity Employers