BOSTON MARATHON: LIVE MONDAY ON CBSBOSTON.COM, WBZ-TV & WBZ NEWSRADIO Read More
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Shape Up For Spring
- Lifting Weights: What Every Woman Should Do Exercise variety is important for both men and women, but many women tend to shy away from lifting weights.
- Top Five Exercises To Burn Calories How many calories your body is able to burn depends on a variety of factors including your workout, your intensity, and your body type. There are five endurance exercises that burn the most calories.
- CrossFit: Be Armed With Common Sense When Doing Military-Style Workouts It is America's latest fitness craze - and it's not without controversy.
- What To Eat Before And After Working Out Getting the most out of exercise involves not only being committed to getting ample physical activity, but also making good choices about what to eat before and after working out.
- Best Ways To Warm Up For A Run Now that you've decided to take up running, it's important to make sure you warm up properly beforehand to avoid any kind of acute injury, like a muscle pull or strain.
- How To Pick The Perfect Running Shoe After this brutal winter, you may be inspired to lose some weight, get in shape, or just get moving. So, you want to run, do you? First thing you need is a good pair of running shoes.
- High Intensity Interval Training: A Better Way To Exercise? It is one of the hottest methods of getting fit these days. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) involves alternating short bursts of anaerobic exercise with recovery periods of less intense activity.
- VIDEO: Weekend Warriors' Sports Injuries Sports injuries are the most common reason for doctor visits behind the common cold. The number of injuries among middle-aged weekend warriors has increased. Here are some tips to stay healthy.
- VIDEO: Keeping Runners Healthy The nice weather means people will lace up their sneakers and start their running routines. After a long winter, it's important to do what you can to get off on the right foot and prevent injury.
- VIDEO: Women's Sports Injuries Women face a different set of sports related injuries than men. Learn about these important differences and how you can prevent them.