Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Pain
- Sore Throat: Is it Strep? Is your throat feeling sore or scratchy? Learn when to call your doctor or when to simply take some pain relievers and a cup of hot tea.
- The Mystery of Fibromyalgia Doctors still aren’t sure of the true causes of fibromyalgia, which causes pain, fatigue and changes in mood, but they can treat it.
- Are You At Risk for Shingles? There’s no mistaking shingles telltale painful rash, but who’s most at risk and can it be prevented?
- BIDMC’s Autoinflammatory Disease Center Provides the Answer to Mysterious Pain Sheila Wilson spent eight months trying to find an answer to her mysterious, halting pain…until she found the Autoinflammatory Disease Center at BIDMC.
- All About Angina When the heart does not get the amount of blood it needs, you may feel pain or pressure in the chest called angina. How serious is it and when should you go to the doctor?
- Don’t Let Back Pain Keep You Down Did you know that most back pain can be treated non-surgically? Find out how two patients got moving again after visiting the Spine Center at BIDMC.
- Finding Innovative Ways to Treat Pain from Pancreatitis The BIDMC Pancreas Center is one of only a few centers in the world that can diagnose pancreatitis up to three years before changes can be seen on radiologic imaging tests.
- Exposure to Narrow Band of Green Light Improves Migraine Symptoms A new study, led by researchers at BIDMC, has found that exposing migraine sufferers to a narrow band of green light can reduce headache severity.
- VIDEO: Weight Loss Surgery Explained Being significantly overweight can cause pain due to pressure on your bones and joints. Find out how the Weight Loss Surgery program at BIDMC can help. Video Produced by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.