Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Heart Health
- The Heart-Healthy Habits of the CardioVascular Institute The physicians and researchers of BIDMC’s CardioVascular Institute share how they keep their own hearts healthy.
- Alcohol and Your Heart Before you raise your glass, you should be aware of some important ways that alcohol affects your heart.
- Fun Facts About Your Cardiovascular System The heart pumps about 100 gallons of blood through the body each hour – enough to fill 1,600 drinking glasses. Learn other fun, eye-popping facts about your heart.
- Varicose Veins – Five Facts Everyone Should Know Pesky, puffy and sometimes painful, varicose veins affect half of all Americans over the age of 50. For the most part, they don’t cause medical problems; but when they do, there are many treatment options.
- Limb-Sparing Surgeries Keep Chelsea Barber in Business If it wasn’t for two surgeries to treat Sonny LePore’s severe peripheral artery disease, he may not be up and around doing what he loves best – gardening and barbering.
- Do Fitness Trackers Really Work? See How They Do — and Don't — Measure Up We’ve seen them on people’s wrists, but just what are they telling us and do they really work?
- A Marathon Recovery - Innovative Coronary Procedure Helps Runner Achieve His Dream Read about one man’s story of how cardiologists helped him to run marathons again.
- Blood Test Of The Future Could a simple blood test could tell you exactly what type of exercise would be most beneficial for you? Find out.
- VIDEO: New Cardiology Unit Offers Same Day Appointments Heart failure patients experiencing severe symptoms can be seen by Cardiologists at BIDMC's Cardiac Direct Access Unit (CDAc) without having to wait.