FOXBORO (CBS) – Police are investigating a burglary at Rob Gronkowski’s house in Foxboro. Sources tell the I-Team that three guns were taken and a window was broken.

Officers were called to his home around 6:18 p.m. Monday, which is shortly after Gronkowski and the New England Patriots returned to Foxboro following their Super Bowl loss in Minnesota.

“This is Rob Gronkowski calling and while I was gone, my whole house got robbed, while on the Super Bowl trip, and I just got back,” he said on the 911 call released by Foxboro Police.

On police scanner traffic there’s talk about firearms and I-Team sources say that three guns were stolen from Gronkowski’s house. Sources say Gronkowski does not have a license to carry a firearm, but his assistant, friend and roommate Robert Goon, does have a state issued license. That license was issued in October of 2017.

Police say Gronk locked his bedroom before he left town and it was still locked when he got home. Police say the door to Goon’s room in the home was broken down. A second roommate says his room was unlocked and thieves took his property as well.

gronk4 I Team: 3 Guns Stolen From Rob Gronkowskis Foxboro Home

Rob Gronkowski’s home in Foxboro. (WBZ-TV)

“There were items stolen,” Foxboro Police Chief William Baker told reporters Tuesday morning. “We’re not going to release the nature of the items stolen.”

“Obviously the people who committed the theft know what was stolen.  It’s an investigative advantage for us to know that as well and not share it with the public, so I won’t have any further comment on that,” he said.

Baker confirmed the break-in happened while Gronkowski was away at the Super Bowl, but the chief did not say what day or time it occurred.

WBZ-TV’s Christina Hager reports

The State Police crime scene unit spent several hours at the home looking for fingerprints, shoe prints or tire tracks. Anything that could lead investigators to who may have broken into Gronk’s home while he was away.

The I-Team has learned detectives are also checking security video at the home to see if it captured images of the thieves.

There were no other burglaries in the neighborhood at that time.

No other information is available at this point in the investigation.

“We hope to comment more on this case when we bring somebody to justice for having committed this burglary,” Baker said.

“I think it’s kind of a tough combination to have suffered this unfortunate (Super Bowl) loss and then to get home and be a victim of this kind of crime which is, as I say, really has a profound affect on everybody who’s a victim of this crime when your personal space is breached like that.”

Comments (40)
  1. Did they post on Facebook that they were out of town?

I never do until I get home!

2. Jeff Gibson says:

Arrest him ! It can’t be legal to own guns in Massachussetts.

3. Vox Veritas says:

I smell insurance fraud.

4. If Gronks room wasn’t touched…it is definitely an inside job. That was easy.

5. John Cain says:

You poor man, don’t you know that owning a gun requires many facets of BS to own a gun in MA. You have to grease everyones hands in the state. And, If you stole bubblegum in the third grade you are obviously a mass murderer in the making, But money might help, how much ya got?

6. When reached for comment Mr. Gronkowski stated, “Fortunately, I carry my two most dangerous guns with me.” Gronk then kissed both biceps.

7. Yeah. Nice writing “a profound affect”? The word “affect” is a verb. The word you want here is “effect”. “A profound EFFECT”

8. Gronk, If you need one, move to Ohio. I’ll gift you a couple!

9. orenokoto says:

Hold on, he didn’t have a proper gun safe? Thugs could not move a gun safe, if installed properly they’re bolted to floor/walls and most good ones weigh over 1,000 pounds.

10. Jimmy DeLock says:

I like how they mentioned that Gronk doesn’t have a license to carry but they never mention that you do t need one to have a gun in your home. It’s like a guy with no drivers license who has a car collection in his garage.

1. Steven Cook says:

Correct! You don’t need a license to own a gun, or even to walk down the street holding a gun. You only need a Concealed Handgun License, if you are in public with your gun “concealed”.

11. Chris Delima says:

Are you kidding me??? I get the part about his personal space being invaded, but do we need to feel bad because his team lost the Super Bowl?

12. What is a license to carry? Gronk did not know what those were when he went to Univ. of Arizona.

13. Ezer Album says:

Locked up his sex toy den though, hmmnn……

14. Inside job ? Why does he have roommates ? Is he gay ?

15. Something stinks here. No one was at home? room mates? etc etc, sound like old Gronk likes to smoke pole as well.