NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — A school bus had quite the scare in Massachusetts after a student’s backpack burst into flames.
Police say the fire happened around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday in Northbridge as the students were heading to Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School.
The bus driver was able to evacuate the students and use a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.
Authorities traced the fire to a vape pen battery that had exploded.
No injuries were reported, and a second bus was able to transport the students to their destination.
(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)