Leominster Man Kills Brother In Fight Over Internet Bandwidth, Police Say

LEOMINSTER (CBS) – A fight over internet bandwidth ended with a young man killing his older brother in Leominster, investigators said.

Tim Record, 20, was ordered held without bail Wednesday after pleading not guilty to the murder of his 23-year-old brother Nathan Tuesday evening.

Police were called to the family’s home on Lakeshore Drive for a report of a stabbing just before 7:30 p.m.

leominster2 Leominster Man Kills Brother In Fight Over Internet Bandwidth, Police Say

The Record family home on Lakeshore Drive (WBZ-TV)

According to court documents, witnesses told police the brothers were arguing over the use of digital devices which overwhelmed their internet bandwidth and that led to a fight.  They claimed Nathan punched Tim in the face and head and went to his room.

Tim Record then grabbed knives from the kitchen and stabbed Nathan in the chest, authorities said.

Nathan Record was rushed to the UMass Health Alliance Hospital in Leominster where he died.

goodleominsterguy Leominster Man Kills Brother In Fight Over Internet Bandwidth, Police Say

Tim Record (WBZ-TV)

Tim Record was brought to the Leominster police station where he was questioned and later arrested.

He was wearing handcuffs and shackles at his arraignment in Leominster District Court Wednesday.

Tim Record is due back in court October 6.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Ben Parker reports

Comments

1. Todd Thomas says:

Man, I know JUST how this cat feels!

2. Typical Millennial. They are ENTITLED to all the available bandwidth, don’t you know!

3. Steve Hollar says:

Ah yes, the high tech, digital age. It’s a wonderful thing.

4. Bill Smith says:

Don’t dis the dungeon master.

5. Jim Davidson says:

That’s one, albeit extreme, way to improve your bandwidth.

6. Joe Casepack says:

I bet he had Xfinity/Comcast. Before I quit them they were reporting my bandwidth usage at unbelievable levels for several months in a row and stuck me with a final bill of $140 for “bandwidth charges”. Same devices and users on AT&T for 8 months so far and not one time over bandwidth.

I was ready to kill but never got this carried away, lol

7. Some day, far into the future, this story will be blended and confused with that of Cain and Able. But the truth of the matter will remain.

8. “I would say the family’s in mourning at this point, that‘s probably the best way to describe their situation. Very sad, very tragic,” Record’s attorney, Blake Rubin, told reporters.

Silver lining: They haven’t exceeded their cable company’s download maximum since pajama boy Stabby was tossed in the hoosegow.

9. Ed Cole says:

20 & 23 and still living with their parents, plus killing over use of the Internet bandwidth. $20 says the fingerprints on the knife were cheetos-stained. What a couple of losers. I have no sympathy for anyone in this story, including the parents, who should’ve kicked their loser kids out of the house and made them learn to support themselves.

10. Definitely Bernie sanders supporters!

11. Isaac Mateo says:

For the record they’re both losers

12. Bandwidth leech sentenced to snowflake learning center for remedial bit torrent education
    Byte me.

13. At 20 years old (1975) I was already out of the Army and forging my own life. By 23 I had a wife and 2 year old daughter to provide for. 20 & 23 years old and STILL living under mommy and daddy’s wing? I suspect neither one of them feel any embarrassment or shame about that.

14. Jalus Dharma says:

Imagine the nightmare the mother is trapped in. Sitting in court witnessing her youngest son being arraigned for murder, while her oldest son is in the morgue. A tragedy all the way around.