Gas Generator Caused Fatal Carbon Monoxide Leak At NH Home

LITCHFIELD, N.H. (CBS) — New Hampshire fire officials say a fatal carbon carbon monoxide leak that killed a Litchfield, N.H. man and left a woman unresponsive was caused by a generator being used after the home’s power had been shut off.

The New Hampshire State Fire Marshal’s office says a portable, gasoline-powered generator in the basement of his Moose Hollow Road home gave off enough carbon monoxide to kill Jamie Badeau and send the woman to the hospital on July 12.

co Gas Generator Caused Fatal Carbon Monoxide Leak At NH Home

The home on Moose Hollow Road in Litchfield, NH. (WBZ-TV)

Authorities say Badeau was using the generator for electricity because the utility company had shut off his power.

The woman was taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in serious condition.

Her identity has not been released.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Opioid Crisis
Download Our App
Download Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE