QUINCY (CBS) — Police say a man blew off part of his hand in a fireworks incident.
It happened at Merrymount School Field on Agawam Street Tuesday night.
Neighbors told WBZ-TV’s Nicole Jacobs that neighbors have put on a small fireworks display over the past few years, but the victim was not a member of that group of neighbors.
Police said the 32-year-old man, who was not a fireworks professional, bent down and tried to light a firework with a short fuse–but he could not let go fast enough, and it exploded in his hand.
Neighbors said they tried to help the man salvage as much of his hand as possible, but Quincy Police are calling it a partial amputation.