Gas Grill Sparks House Fire In Melrose

MELROSE (CBS) — A backyard barbecue on Father’s Day ended in destruction after a gas grill caught the house on fire.

One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion at the scene in Melrose.

melrosefire1 Gas Grill Sparks House Fire In Melrose

Firefighters work to stay cool at the scene of a fire in Melrose (WBZ-TV)

“The gear that the firefighters wear is to protect them from the thermal heat inside but ultimately it has an effect on you when the temperatures are as hot and humid as it is today,” explained Fire Chief Chris Leary.

Officials said the gas grill was on the deck of a Goss Avenue home when it spread flames to the second floor, third floor, and attic.

melrosefire3 Gas Grill Sparks House Fire In Melrose

Roof damage after a fire rips through a home on Goss Avenue in Melrose. (WBZ-TV)

The family found another place to stay the night.

No further details are available at this time.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Our App
Download Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE