Michelle Obama Says Trump’s Comments Are ‘Shocking And Demeaning’

By Michael Casey, Associated Press

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Michelle Obama said Thursday that Republican nominee Donald Trump bragging on a 2005 tape about his fame allowing him to “do anything to women” shook her to the core.

Speaking at a campaign rally in New Hampshire for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, Mrs. Obama called the comments “shocking and demeaning.” She also dismissed Trump’s claim that the remarks were simply “locker room talk,” saying they were affront to all women, parents and every citizen in United States.

“I can’t stop thinking about this. It has shaken to me to my core in a way that I couldn’t have predicted,” the first lady said. “So while I would love nothing more than pretend that this isn’t happening and come out here and do my normal campaign speech, it would be dishonest and disingenuous to just move onto the next thing like this was all a bad dream. This is not something we can ignore.”

Mrs. Obama said the comments made by Trump are part of a long history of demeaning women.

“We have a candidate for president of the United States who over the course of his lifetime, over the course of this campaign, has said things about women that are shocking, so demeaning,” she said. “I simply will not repeat anything here today. Last week, we actually saw this candidate bragging about sexually assaulting women. I can’t believe I’m saying that, a candidate for president of the United States bragged about sexually assaulting women.”

Mrs. Obama went onto say the comments were forcing women to recollect painful memories of when they were harassed in their offices or sexually assaulted.

“The truth is it hurts. It hurts,” she said.

“It’s like that sick, sinking feeling you get when you are walking down the street, minding your own business and some guy yells out vulgar words about your body or when you see that guy at work that stands a little too close, stares a little too long and makes you feel uncomfortable in your own skin,” she said, as the crowd went silent.

While she didn’t mention her husband, President Barack Obama, she said Trump’s comments did not reflect how the men in her family discuss women.

“I can tell you the men in my life do not talk about women like this. I know my family is not unusual,” she said adding, “they are loving fathers who are sickened by the thought of their daughters being exposed to this kind of vicious language about women.”

Mrs. Obama’s comments are some of the most forceful of a week in which scores of Republican leaders abandoned Trump after a 2005 video became public in which the GOP nominee is heard bragging about how his fame allowed him to “do anything” to women. Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., who is in a tight re-election campaign, said over the weekend that she no longer plans to vote for him.

Trump has played down the comments, insisting they were “locker room talk” and that he never did anything of the things he bragged about on the tape. Since then, the New York Times and the Palm Beach Post reported stories about three women who alleged Trump had inappropriately touched them. Separately, a People Magazine reporter wrote a detailed first-person account of being attacked by Trump while interviewing the businessman and his wife, Melania Trump.

Trump denies the allegations.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz reports

1. kek says:

Meanwhile this hypocrite and her husband host rap music makers at the WH that demean women and promote violence against police. Furthermore she denounce Bill Clinton on video for rape allegations when her husband was running for POTUS. So really Michelle just sit down and be quiet you’re embarrassing yourself.

1. Laura Bush Driving School says:

LOL you are sticking with that 5 year old’s argument?

Mom Billy swears so why can’t I?

1. TedKennedyDrivingSchool says:

What a skillful comeback. Look up the word hypocrite.

2. kek says:

Michelle do find this shocking and demeaning?

3. mstarvin says:

What is demeaning is the way your limp-wristed husband has ruined our military and allowed the worlds despots to rise up unchecked. Now that is embarrassing!!

1. Laura Bush Driving School says:

Trump is the obese, limp wristed draft dodger that spends hours in the make up chair every day.

1. Alan B Flood says:

And which one of our branches of service did bill clinton and and barack Obama serve in? Didn’t Bill go to england to avoid the draft and certainly Barack could have joined during peacetime if he was so inclined but he was more inclined toward using the foreign student card to get into colleges that he couldn’t afford. – Seems to me if you want to throw darts better check your targets caused you just missed these two scoundrels

4. Chief says:

Can’t believe Michelle is 6 years older than Trump’s latest trophy wife. Michelle still looks good, Melania looks like Joan Rivers, she looks like a 65 year old that has had her face cut up until she looks like a drag queen.

5. jerry2286 says:

She needs to just shut her mouth.

1. Welfare Jerry republican leech. says:

or what old impotent loser?

1. American says:

Ugly? have you seen your own picture you obese, bald hook nosed fossil?

7. TedKennedyDrivingSchool says:

How about this one mooch? Is this shocking and demeaning? Its your husband showing off his bona to a gaggle of laughing females.

8. TedKennedyDrivingSchool says:

Before Michelle could be shaken to the core from these bad words no one has ever heard she had to invite a rapper to the WH to be schooled. #hypocrite just like the rest of you sheep.

9. MarcoR says:

How about Bill Cosby

Trumpia an angel he should not even be questioned

10. MarcoR says:

Trump is an angel*

11. hammerhead says:

Michelle, what about barry 0’s comments here

12. kek says:

But Michelle takes her daughter to a jayz concert to listen to Let’s describe a certain female

B#tch you know my name and the company I own
    B#tch you like my style and you smell my cologne
    B#tch don’t try to act like my track-record ain’t known
    B#tch you probably gotta couple CD’s in your home
    B#tch don’t make me say it twice, you acting all up tight
    All sidity like, like, like you ain’t a (B#tch)
    I ain’t no ball player, you ain’t gonna get pregnant and get
    Hit off with paper, you gonna get hit off and slid off
    Before the neighbors take off to go to work
    So just, take off your shirt, don’t hit me with that church sh#t
    B#tch I got a sister who schooled me to shi#t you chickens do
    Tricking fools, got a whole Robin Givens crew that I kick it to
    They be hipping dudes, how you chickens move, I be listening too
    B#tch B#tch B#tch
    Don’t make me say it thrice, you acting all up tight
    All sidity like, like you ain’t a (B#tch)
    You ain’t no better cause you don’t be f#cking rappers
    You only f#ck with actors, you still getting f#cked backwards
    B#tch Unless you f#cked a dude on his own merit
    And not the way he dribbles or ball or draw lyrics
    You’re a B#tch, No ma, you’re a B#tch
    Say Jay-Z, why you gotta go and disrespect the women for? Uh
    B#tch Sisters get respect, b#tches get what they deserve
    SIsters work hard, b#tches work your nerves
    Sisters hold you down, b#tches hold you up
    Sisters help you progress, b#tches will slow you up
    Sisters cook up a meal, play their role with the kids
    B#tches in street with their nose in your biz
    Sisters tell the truth, b#tches tell lies
    Sisters drive cars, b#tches wanna ride
    Sisters give-up the a##, b#tches give-up the a##
    Sisters do it slow, b#tches do it fast
    Sisters do their dirt outside of where they live
    B#tches have ni##as all up in your crib
    Sisters tell you quick “you better check your h#mie”
    B#tches don’t give a f#ck, they wanna check for your h#mie
    Sisters love Jay cuz they know how ‘Hov is
    I love my sisters, I don’t love no b#tch

13. Robert Mason says:

This is exactly the parenting skills that have Michelle Obama watching as her daughter is videotaped smoking dope and twerking. No outcry from the media. The video of Barack Obama talking about ribs and making a negative comment about women. Once again no comments from the media. Yet Ms. Obama has the gall to question Mr. Trump over UNSUBSTANTIATED claims by women that cannot verify any of the stories. It’s is time to take a look at just who is being promoted by free advertising every time a news anchor opens their mouth. Ms. Obama until you get your own house in order you might want to refrain from your unintelligent attacks against Mr. Trump.