Broadcast Transmission Of WBZ-TV, WSBK Restored: More

Keller @ Large: How Much More Do We Need To See?

BOSTON (CBS) – So I’m reading a story about a guy from Somerville who doesn’t like Donald Trump, and he’s trying to raise about $5 million online to cover the possible legal exposure of a whistleblower who might leak more incriminating Trump audiotapes.

That dollar figure rang a bell.

I looked it up and sure enough, $5 million is what Trump in 2012 publicly offered to donate to charity if President Obama would release his passport and academic documents, in order to clear up the many questions conspiracy theorists and Obama-haters like Trump have about his past.

If that’s the level Trump-haters want to stoop to, fair enough I guess.

And I don’t doubt there is more evidence out there of Trump’s grotesque boorishness. Thanks to Wikileaks we are also being treated to a near-daily diet of evidence of the arrogance and scheming of top Hillary Clinton aides, and the carelessness of their email exchanges is an unwelcome reminder of her careless and arrogant handling of her government email.

I’m sure there’s plenty more to come, but I wonder – how much more do we need to see?

And is there a moment still to come when voters – if not the scandal-obsessed media – will pause to wonder if there are any positive reasons to vote for either major-party candidate?

For instance, there’s a clear philosophical contrast between Clinton and Trump on the role the private-sector should play in economic growth and education reform, two very important issues. Is that of interest?

Their differences on free trade are very meaningful for our region. Would you like to know more about that?

Or just gorge on the dirt about their foibles?

November 8th has to be about more than just who is worse.

If it isn’t, it’s sending a message with a subject line on top, but zero content.

Listen to Jon’s commentary:

More from Jon Keller

1. mstarvin says:

Wikileaks proves that the media, you included Jon, and the “moderators” of all these “debates” are in the bag for and correlating with Hillary. They are timing and coordinating their attacks. I see this as an attack against the US voting populace who I fear has become so oblivious to political corruption as long as they get their free smart phones and can play on facebook that they are voting for whoever will give them more free stuff.

1. mikey says:

One thing’s for sure. This country is unraveling. Yikes! And that’s putting it mildly.

2. Paull Cudak says:

I hope the American People wake up before the walls crumble, This is ROME, and the Barbarians are POUNDING on the door. Between Unvetted Muslim Refugees, to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS We and the rest of the world is in turmoil and HILLARY WANTS TO PERPETUATE WHAT OBAMA STARTED.

1. paul dowd says:

Unvetted Muslim Refugees? Where? Refugees that come to US go through years of vetting.

1. Unvetted Muslim Refugee says:

Where the white christian wimmin at?!

3. bees_knees_6 says:

I don’t want to see more. I don’t need to see more. I know that Trump has used and abused women and continues to degrade them. I know that Hillary lied about the emails and has admitted to such. I do want to hear about the issues. Clinton tried to address them at the debate. Trump cannot address them because he has no answers; and when he does give a response, it changes the next day. He knows he will not lose his base because of abuse of women. For whatever twisted reason that has proven to be true. At this point it is advantageous for him to let the leaks continue and draw attention away from the fact that he does not have a plan…..for anything….that is any more than fear mongering. Will Hillary be better? She at least has plans that if you read the emails run more toward being a moderate. I don’t know if the country will improve under Clinton; however, she will be better in that she will not destroy this country. Far too many knowledgeable folks on both sides of the aisle are convinced Trump will do just that.

4. paul dowd says:

I don’t need to know any more about the candidates. But it’s important that as much information is made available to the many undecided voters. The media needs to continue to show that one candidate has a deep and diverse resume and years of relevant experience. The other has no qualifications for the job. One believes in science while the other denies an overwhelming majority of climate scientists’ warnings. One candidate is mentally steady and solid. The other is clearly mentally ill and completely unfit for the job. One is inspiring to children. Children should never be exposed to the language and behavior of the other. It should be a clear choice but the media has to keep hammering the truth into American voters.

1. bees_knees_6 says:

I suspect if we were to vote tomorrow that undecided people really do know and would vote. How much more do they need to see? But perhaps you are correct.

1. starvin' marvin says:

Get your head out of your backside! Completely one sided article. Everyone knows that science is hostile to the beliefs of evangelicals and true Republican Americans.

Did you know that science would have us believe that cavemen never lived at the time of dinosaurs, despite conclusive evidence to the contrary?

2. bees_knees_6 says:

I agree with your comment in regard to children never being exposed. I was immensely disappointed in Brady yesterday who needs to, along with others who ARE speaking out, make it clear that this is not the type of talk that exists in locker rooms.

5. mikey says:

On November 8 – pick your poison.

6. Concerned American says:

The media is only “scandal-obsessed” when they involve someone with an “R” next to their name.

1. mstarvin says:

This is the absolute truth. The media ignored Clinton’s assaults and womanizing. These appalled Democrats loved the Kennedys…well known womanizers…hell Ted killed a girl.

7. hocuspocus13 says:

8. The Owl says:

More knowledge is always better then less.

Unless you have already made up your mind…

Which, arguably, you did as early as this past February.

1. bees_knees_6 says:

Owl, dear, who is it you believe Jon has chosen? You do know he is libertarian, correct? Have you read his book on the bluest state? You all do make me chuckle when you assume you know his views!

1. The Owl says:

Ah…I finally see what your problem is, Bees…

You’ve been asleep this whole election year.

9. kek says:

The latest Trump accuser listed her name, age and phone number on mylife; it’s the phone number to the Clinton Foundation in NY. Do better research sheep. The wikileaks expose Clinton, the MSM and DNC as collusion and corruption.Trump, just took the lead in Rasmussen which also over polls dems+5. See you puxxys at the next debate.

10. The Owl says:

I write to ask two perfectly reasonable questions about CBS’ current commenting system…

1. Why is there not provided a limited window during which a commenter can edit his post to correct typos or to add an afterthought?

2. Why is is that when one wants to make a comment to a specific post, one has to go through two or three screens and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to enter his comment?

Both of these are major flaws in the commenting system and provide just more annoyance and work to accomplish a simple task.

Do you people at CBS not want comments? Are you too cheap to pay for a system that actually is a convenience to your readers?

Spring for the bucks, please, and go back to the Discus commenting system.

1. bees_knees_6 says:

I respectfully agree with Owl. Completely.

1. Bengals2 says:

I’m saving this!!!!!

2. mstarvin says:

Why is that they allow absolutely vulgar posts about Trump but if you use the word C O M M U N I S T your post ends up in moderator land never to be posted??

3. mstarvin says:

What makes you think that they are “perfectly reasonable” questions? Frankly if you can manage to post, how hard can it be?

11. Micheal J Porter says:

Neither are worthy of my vote. They’really Both unqualified due to Immense faults. I’m voting Lynn this year.