Broadcast Transmission Of WBZ-TV, WSBK Restored: More

NFL Boycotts, Kaepernick Backlash Becoming Major Factor As NFL Ratings Drop Yet Again In Week 4

By Matt Dolloff, CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — After the NFL’s TV ratings declined for the third straight week in Week 3, I gave my take on what could be causing the precipitous drop that has now carried over into Week 4. I believe that NFL games are simply becoming less watchable due to eroding quality of games, and I still believe that the product on the field is playing some role in fewer Americans tuning into football on Sundays – and Mondays and Thursdays, for that matter.

However, one factor that appears to be making a large dent in the ratings and continuing to grow is the backlash resulting from the 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick sitting or kneeling during the national anthem in protest of police brutality against African-Americans. A percentage of fans are now boycotting the NFL in reaction to Kaepernick’s protests and/or the lack of discipline from the league offices resulting from them. It’s likely that a sizable chunk of the rating decline is due to fans swiftly and decisively responding to Kaepernick’s growing protests by turning the games off entirely.

SportsBusiness Daily reported on Tuesday that Monday Night Football between the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings drew a 9.1 overnight rating, down eight percent from Lions-Seahawks in Week 4 of the 2015 season. The rating for Sunday Night Football between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs, a 43-14 blowout win by Pittsburgh, dropped by 26 percent from Saints-Cowboys in Week 4 last season, while the early-morning London game between the Colts and Jaguars dropped by 24 percent from the same time slot a year ago.

FOX’s early-afternoon slate of games dropped by 10 percent year-over-year while the late-afternoon games dropped by 20 percent. The 1 p.m. regional games were the only time slot that saw a slight ratings uptick, growing by 2 percent over last season.

In response to my thoughts on the NFL’s weaker on-field product leading to a three-week decline in viewership, I received nearly a hundred emails from American viewers, some of which have previously served in the military. Most of them told me in no uncertain terms that they had stopped watching the NFL due to the controversy surrounding Kaepernick and other players across the NFL protesting the national anthem by sitting, kneeling, or demonstrating in other ways. Many of these viewers have similarly exercised their rights as Americans by taking their viewership elsewhere or simply turning off the TV.

Colin Kaepernick and teammate Eric Reid of the San Francisco 49ers kneel during the national anthem before their game against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium on September 18, 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina.  (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)

Colin Kaepernick and teammate Eric Reid of the San Francisco 49ers kneel during the national anthem before their game against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium on September 18, 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)

Here is a handful of those emails sent to me that these viewers have permitted me to post, with only their first names out of respect for their privacy.

I can tell you for certain that I’m not watching because of Colin Kaepernick and his idiot protest that is now spreading to high school games. You can try to dream up other reasons, but you’re just fooling yourself.

— Ronald

I’ve been on full boycott of NFL since day one. I will not support those who support the exiled in Cuba cop killer or any anti-American, pro-cop-murder, organization. I may never return to NFL consumption. Helping to save our collapsing nation from corruption is my hobby now. Plus there are other sports, including participation sports such as many self-defense sports.

I look forward to seeing reporting on the NFL boycott once it gains sufficient traction.

— Richard

I personally stopped watching football because of disrespect to our country and flag. If the Cowboys First Amendment rights don’t allow them to wear a patch honoring slain law enforcement then the NFL has set the precedent that they have total control over self-expression and must apply it equally. It makes me sick and I have the right not to watch.

I’m probably not the only one.

— Felix

I loved football, since this taking the knee business started I refused to watch. I’m a Veteran and served during Vietnam, I was disrespected plenty when I came home, I thought we moved past that, but it would seem we haven’t, I don’t want to watch a game where I’m being slapped in the face by the people who need me to watch their game.

I’m proud of my Service to my Country and I don’t need football players making millions who never sacrificed anything for their country preach to me on national TV about how bad our country is. The commissioner fines a guy for twerking in the end zone and then thinks it is okay to stomp our Flag and national anthem, this league needs to be taken down. I’ve emailed the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the Elk’s, The VFW, American Legion and all my friends and asked them to email everyone they know to stop watching the NFL games. Kaepernick says America was never great, he is a fool! Just a thought.

— Bob

I’ve been an avid fan for over six decades. Also a Vietnam and Gulf War vet, with four family members at Arlington. I have not watched a single game this season because the NFL allowed Kaep’s actions to get out of hand. As a private employer, when in uniform, players have NO Constitutional right to use the NFL platform to espouse political views. The league’s so-called Military Appreciation is a hollow joke. League can’t possibly be gaining fans by their inaction, I know they are losing many, including me.

I tried watching several games, it appears they are skipping by the Anthem so they don’t have to show the disrespect. Sorry, the Anthem is part of the game experience for me. League is running away instead of addressing the issue. As soon as I see no Anthem, I turn off the TV. I understand there have been some positive attempts by some players to show Military support, but if they skip by the Anthem I never get to see that either.
With every weekend, it gets easier to no longer watch…

— Wil

My whole family has not watched a game other than the Patriots since the moron in SFO disrespected the entire country. It was the last straw. People are sick of the NFL when they take political stands. Dallas couldn’t wear a sticker on their helmet to honor the fallen police but that moron backup can take a knee during the national anthem?

— Jim

Many other emails held similar beliefs to the above responses. I also received several emails saying they have stopped watching NFL games due to declining quality of the product on the field, mostly citing an overabundance of commercials and penalty flags, but the overwhelming majority of responses confirmed that they are boycotting the NFL due to players’ decisions to protest the national anthem.

Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers kneels in protest during the national anthem prior to playing the Los Angeles Rams at Levi's Stadium on September 12, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.  (Photo by Robert Reiners/Getty Images)

Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers kneels in protest during the national anthem prior to playing the Los Angeles Rams at Levi’s Stadium on September 12, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. (Photo by Robert Reiners/Getty Images)

While it’s unclear exactly how big of an impact the #BoycottNFL movement is having on the ratings, it’s becoming readily apparent that there is a large segment of Americans who have turned away from football for reasons other than the games themselves. They are upset about the injection of political and social issues into what ought to be a form of escapist entertainment, disagree with the beliefs of players who are seen as privileged and uneducated about the very issues they are protesting, do not support the lack of sanctions from the league for the protests as opposed to other actions, or some combination of these factors.

Data began to emerge in September foreshadowing the growing boycotts to come. On Sept. 16, Reuters released a poll of 363 viewers in which 63 percent disagreed with Kaepernick’s protests. A Sept. 19 survey by Yahoo! concluded that 44 percent of viewers would “likely stop watching NFL games” if the anthem protests continued beyond that date. In a Sept. 22 poll of 875 viewers by the Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University, 47 percent said they supported Kaepernick’s right to protest but believed he was wrong for not standing for the anthem. In the same poll, 20 percent said they did not support Kaepernick’s right to protest and believed he should be ordered to stand for the anthem.

On Tuesday, Rasmussen Reports released the results of a telephone/online poll in which 32 percent of American adults said they are “less likely to watch an NFL game because of the growing number of Black Lives Matter protests by players on the field.” Only 13 percent of respondents to the same poll said they were more likely to watch, while 52 percent said the protests “have no impact on their viewing decisions.”

Even if more than half of NFL viewers still aren’t making decisions based on the anthem protests, if the actual number boycotting the league is even close to a third of NFL fans then the anthem protests, and subsequent boycotts, would undoubtedly be having a massive effect on the league’s sharply declining viewership. The weakening product on the field would only make their decision easier.

It’s time to take the growing boycott of the NFL seriously. Yes, there are other factors at play, like the aforementioned decline in quality of the games themselves and the growing number of alternatives to cable TV that have led to what’s widely known as “cord-cutting.” SportsBusiness Daily even cited the 2016 presidential election as a reason. But based on the number of fans strongly expressing their views against the anthem protests and fresh data surfacing to support their cause, the NFL boycott is real and should not be ignored.

Matt Dolloff is a writer for His opinions do not necessarily reflect that of CBS or 98.5 The Sports Hub. Have a news tip or comment for Matt? Follow him on Twitter @mattdolloff and email him at

1. lizzzy321 says:

I’m very happy to see people willing to put their money where their mouth is. You don’t like the way an organization is making decisions, what could be smarter, than letting them know that with actions, not words. I’ve also stopped watching any football games except the one game a week that the Patriots play. Last season and the season before, I was watching many games a week and Redzone on Sundays as well. Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night….it’s become overkill anyway. And I don’t support the anthem protests.

I’ve already stopped purchasing NFL merchandise, even the Patriots. I haven’t attended a game in many years.

Bottom line, if it were not for the fact that I wanted to support the Patriots after Roger Goodell cheated and lied his way through two years of Deflategate, I would stop watching the NFL all together.

2. marty king says:

I will offer that football is in trouble with participation levels, and it is a factor in lower viewership. I coach a Pop Warner team and every other town in our league is struggling to draw enough kids to play. We played a game last week with 14 kids, and 5 years ago that same squad was 22 or 23. This CTE concussion piece is going to decimate the game, while fall baseball and soccer numbers are increasing. RIP football as we know it…

1. acix1 says:

I don’t know the situation in your area but the participation was up again last year. The main problems with the sport right now are the protests (inclusive of the current PC attitude of the league) and too many commercials.

2. lizzzy321 says:

It would surprise me if participation was not down. If I had young kids, I would be steering them to have interest in many other sports, but not football. I have a hard time understanding why a parent would do otherwise.

3. victorschueller400550589 says:

It looks like others are realizing what I have over the past 2 years — We can survive just fine without watching NFL football. It doesn’t positively add to my quality of life, and I am done caring so much about something that doesn’t care back, and, quite honestly, is so not important compared to many things in life in the grand scheme of things.

1. acix1 says:

Guess time will tell but probably not a coincidence that the ratings drop started immediately after the protests did and not because we can survive just fine without the game. That could be said about pretty much anything in life. We could survive just fine without going to the movies or the park or playing video games for example but we do them because we enjoy them.

Though will agree that sometimes it does seem as if the NFL doesn’t care about us.

4. Pam Sherman says:

There are other factors at play as well as the disgust of disrespecting America. The NFL appeals to a certain demographic that is fast shrinking due to attrition. Very few under 40 care enough about the NFL to tune in. In another 10 years, the NFL will be so marginalized that it won’t be nearly the draw it is even now as it declines.

1. acix1 says:

Must respectfully disagree.

The seven highest rated shows in US television history were the last seven Super Bowls. That doesn’t happen if the “younger” people (18 – 49) aren’t watching and/or aren’t interested.

Until this year’s protest tomfoolery the NFL continued to break viewership records, including the 18 – 49 demographic.

“17. Via Variety:

Through the opening nine weeks of the NFL season (10 telecasts), NBC’s Sunday Night Football was averaging a primetime-best 8.6 same-day rating in 18-49 — a 28% advantage over primetime’s No. 2 show (6.7 for AMC’s The Walking Dead.)”

5. Gus Roca says:

Yep, I still watch but nearly as much and now only on free TV, I canceled the NFL package, and I am canceling my season tickets after this year (this year is already paid for) I also will never buy any NFL merchandise ever again. sports need to be an escape from this nonsense

6. jeff says:

I have stopped watching the NFL for one reason. The disrespect to our country, veterans, and police dept. I wander when the media will realize the TRUE reason viewing is down.

7. James Arnold says:

I have quit watching also. These guys make me sick.

8. #BoycottNFL

Because doing otherwise is passively submitting to my own beliefs being disrespected by the NFL…party to the Kaepernick type disrespect. If the NFL wants politics at their games, then they get the other side, too.

9. Louis Sander says:

Most of the commercials also preach social justice, mainly through the unrealistic racial makeup of the groups of people shown. Subtle and disgusting, IMHO.

10. lostsok says:

People have more options for spending their Sundays, and the cost of DirecTV vs smart TVs are driving away a lot of subscribers. While anytime someone says “I know people” it’s anecdotal, but personally…I know at least three households that have switch to internet-based TV in the last year. And all three of them are (were?) dedicated NFL fans. They sacrificed because the overall cost for them has dropped significantly.

I know utterly zero fans who have stopped watching because of the protests. I have several friends angry about it, and I know that because they complain while watching football for 10 hours on Sunday.

11. I stopped watching the NFL over the rampant contempt and attacks on the USA national anthem throughout the NFL, including the New England Patriots. On September 11, 2016, the 15th anniversary of the attack on our nation, Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett and defensive back Devin McCourty, decided to protest during our national anthem with their raised fists. OK, well right back at you, New England Patriots. You want to protest America on 9/11, make sure you understand that I am DONE with you as well. I have boxed my NE Patriots gear and all of my NFL gear, and I will be throwing it out or BURNING it. You attack America, especially on 9/11, you attack all of us, including ME. The Anti-American NFL knows where they can go. Real patriots, not boys playing with a ball, will not tolerate the NFL anymore.

1. a Vikes fan.. says:

Way to go Wes! You say exactly what i’m feeling. If the nfl can’t support this country, they don’t deserve our viewership.

12. Peter says:

Guys, there are better sports to watch and play, and you don’t have to put up with these insufferable, spoiled egomaniacs or wannabe SJWs. Also don’t have to be assailed by breathless, endless, commentary hopelessly trying to make long periods of inaction somehow less boring than that they are. Rugby for example. (For the record, I’m Canadian, not European. )

1. acix1 says:

Sorry must humbly and respectfully disagree.

Very much agree about the spoiled egomaniacs and wannabe SJW’s. But once these issues (and too many and long commerical breaks) are cleaned up in my opinion (FWIW I acknowledge) American football to me is the absolute best sport in the world.

13. phil says:

I cancelled prime ticket, and lost my enthusiasm for NFL Football. Too many of these spoiled brat prima-donnas. I’ll bet not one of them could tell who wrote the National Anthem, where it was written, and why. If they feel they are mistreated here, try Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Yes, we have problems. This stuff makes it worse.

14. Disrespecting the National Anthem and the flag of the United States of America is one thing, but raising a arm with a clinched fist showing alignment with the Black Power Movement is quite another. The Black Power Movement holds white people in contempt and are being blamed for most all of the problems. Members of The Black Lives Matter’s organization have chased down, assaulted whites, nearly killing them. Related, Louis “Nation of Islam” Farakhan has ordered the killing of 10,000 whites. With this said, it’s extremely perplexing why any person (of any color) is still going to NFL games or watching them on TV……. that is of course, if they disagree with those doing the protests. Then again, it may mean fans agree with the protesters and do not care if the white race is threatened with the potential of being murdered.

15. Jen Magnus says:

Roger decided to take out the biggest draw in football, Tom Brady. And without Peyton Manning there really is nobody even close, save Aaron Rogers. How do you like them apples you other 31 teams that thought you could stop the Patriots by sacking Tom?

Ohh, and the Kapernick nonsense… All 32 teams have fans who stop watching because of that traitor.

16. The viewership numbers could never be fudged, now can they? It’s not like there is a financial stake to manipulate electronics to increase advertising dollars.
    Sooner or later the number game will be exposed, advertisers are getting smarter

17. Dave Chan says:

This is a no-brainer, Goodell should of find the players for protesting before the games big time! I couldn’t even watch the beginning of the games for that reason and I’m a big fan of fantasy football and he also should of massively fined Antonio Brown for twerking, I mean how do you explain that to your kids?

18. Leroy says:

People watch football to escape the menial jobs they work during the week. No politics, no preaching, no social issues. It’s not just the Kaep stuff, it’s everything from the gay stuff, to the preachy half-time show at the Superbowl.

Simple fact is, I now have an extra day to spend in the deerblind (SUNDAY). I have a busy life, believe me I am missing nothing. Plus there’s baseball.

1. American says:

Enjoy your gey but lovins in that deerblind brokeback.

19. .Chip Anzy says:

As long as these idiots refuse to stand for the anthem, I will refuse to sit to watch a single game.

20. Nathan says:

I tried to purchase merchandise last year to support the troops. I couldn’t get the NFL shop to send me what I want because they didn’t have the inventory. This year, I’m not watching football at all. These players that don’t respect the flag are an insult. It’s ruining the product the NFL had to offer… America.

21. Matt Faust says:

I have said it from the beginning. The NFL has made a serious mistake in allowing smacked-ass Colin Kaepernick to express his political views while wearing an NFL uniform. Roger Goodell should be fired for allowing this deception to be promulgated this long. Goodell is a leftist and he lets leftist use the NFL forum. Why is it that the NFL forbade the Dallas Cowboys to wear any insignia on their uniforms to honor the policemen murdered in Dallas a few months ago? It is because it is not in the leftist toolbox to honor policemen, only to be skeptical of them.

22. Matt Faust says:

I have said it from the beginning. The NFL has made a serious mistake in allowing weenie Colin Kaepernick to express his political views while wearing an NFL uniform. Roger Goodell should be fired for allowing this deception to be promulgated for this amount of time Goodell is a leftist and he lets leftist use the NFL forum. Why is it that the NFL forbade the Dallas Cowboys to wear any insignia on their uniforms to honor the policemen murdered in Dallas a few months ago? It is because it is not in the leftist toolbox to honor policemen, only to be skeptical of them.

23. lizzzy321 says:

Very happy to see so many people making a choice to shut off the games. I hope it is a trend. And this is the most comments I’ve seen after a CBS story here, in a long time.

24. ken says:

I stop watching a long time ago I now think its a sport for couch potatoes . Maybe now others will get out and do things with the family instead of stuffing their face watching football.

25. How many of us could get away with protesting at work while on the clock?

1. Phat Cop says:

cops do all the time

26. steve kay says:

I quit the N F L . Lots of better things to do than watch these morons who disrespect America.

27. The deplorable clayusmcret says:

The average NFL viewer is a hard working Average Joe American. I’m sure others, like me, won’t come back to the NFL until respect for the flag and anthem that represents the fans has returned, and the highest paid social justice warriors in history are all fired.

28. JD says:

Imagine boycotting because a REAL American like Kaepernick is standing up for what he believes in…..yet, they didn’t boycott when the league allowed murderers and wife beaters to play? Terrible priorities those mouth-breathers have. God bless Colin Kaepernick.

29. Mike Connor says:

Besides poor little rich boy Kaepernick, that was the last straw for regular watching. My biggest gripe is all of the commercials. To make things worse, it’s always the same commercials over and over again. So many of them there is no flow to the game anymore. I have better things to spend 4 hours doing, so I don’t watch games like I used to.

30. Paul says:

I decided not to watch any NFL either. I will end my boycott once all of these overpaid brats donate half their salaries to fixing run down African American Neighborhoods. Maybe if they could spend some time & money in helping the single moms that really need help to fix the issue. Yes – there are a FEW police officers that need help under stress once in a while. College Football has been fabulous, MLB wild card playoffs were incredible.

31. Bobster says:

I doubt these people have actually listened to the words of the Anthem, or understand it. They fail to realize the terrible irony in their ignorance. The very objects of their protest (the Anthem and by extension, the flag) actually represent exactly what they claim they are fighting for. They are the very symbols that represent what we fight for – what we should be. Instead of taking a knee or refusing to show respect, they should be singing as loud as they can and waiving that flag when calling attention to their perceived plight.
    Verse one speaks of the flag – still flying in the midst of the fight. The flag that represents the struggles against injustice; the flag that represents the struggle for freedom and liberty; the flag that represents the lives risked, maimed and sacrificed for this great struggle.
    Verse two – The flag still flies in spite of the efforts of the haughty hosts who dare seek to deny the freedoms and liberty of this people. Long may it fly over the land of the free and home of the brave!
    Verse three – the footsteps of the foul and vile individuals who seek to take away our freedom, their polluted footprints will be washed away by their own blood. Our flag, a symbol of triumph over adversity, still waves over the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    Verse four – When free men stand between their homes and the threats to their families, homes, and nation, let them praise the Power that has preserved our nation, our forefathers, and blessings. Let us conquer those who seek to deny us our freedom and our liberties.
    What part of these verses are they protesting exactly? Which of the principles outlined in the Anthem do they disagree with? Our flag, the symbol and subject of this song represents the struggle that included the sacrifices of the all-black First Rhode Island Regiment in the Revolutionary War, as well as all other blacks who fought alongside whites. It represents the all-black Massachusetts 54th in the Civil War, along with all other blacks who sacrificed alongside whites. It represents the 369th Infantry Division in WWI, which consisted of blacks and Puerto Ricans, who fought and sacrificed along with whites. It represents the Tuskegee Airmen and other blacks who fought and sacrificed along with whites in WWII. It represents the sacrifices of blacks who served in Korea, Vietnam, and every other fight to preserve our freedom and liberty. Since this song is about our flag, an American symbol of the struggle against injustice, about overcoming adversity, about sacrifice, about freedom, about liberty, representing Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and Native American Indians who fought and sacrificed for our liberties and freedoms as AMERICANS, please explain to me how this is an appropriate target of protest against injustice?
    How does this honor and respect the sacrifices of the Rhode Island 1st? How does this honor and respect the Massachusetts 54th? How does this honor and respect the 369th? How does this honor and respect the Tuskegee Airmen? How does this honor and respect EVERYONE who fought and sacrificed for the right of these grown men to act like spoiled children?
    To the NFL: Please protest and stand up for injustice in the American way! Exercise your God given civil rights, but educate yourselves so you don’t use the very symbols of triumph over the very issues you site, as the objects of your protest!
    In the mean time I have rights to. I refuse to watch another NFL game. I won’t see you play, I won’t see the commercials, I won’t buy their products, I won’t buy NLF merchandise and I won’t miss it for one second.

32. Steve Coffman says:

I have abandoned the NFL–just like they abandoned me in their allowance of this discrace, Let the players sit in the locker rooms if they don’t like the anthem! I find watching movies and DVD’s to be quite entertaining. And going to the games saves me a great deal of money… Should we boycott the Networks?

33. Nope sorry, not going to watch or buy anything NFL, Thank the idiot who started it by honoring thugs. How about he give up his American dollars and put his money where his worthless mouth is? NFL is a joke now. That’s too bad that turd ruined favorite of mine and I’m guessing ruined others careers.

1. Donald J Trump, pedo says:

He donated 1 million dollars you ignorant tw at.

34. Don Gervais says:

Name one business that allows political protest on the job.
    Until the spineless league officials, team owners and coaches take out the politics and stand up to the players who disrespect the US anthem and this country, the boycott will continue.
    To those players who show the proper respect, Bravo and get those who do not show proper respect to do so or leave. They are ruining your game and shooting the goose who is laying your golden eggs.
    A 20 year Army vet.

35. flexmaster says:

as a long time foot ball fan i will start watching again when the players act like the are my countrymen. black lies matter to me

36. steveq says:

I’ve not watched a full game for four weeks and i didn’t even see a preseason game. I used to like football but i’m sick of the blm, black panther, reverse racism attacks on Americans during a time when people want to relax, have fun, and appreciate our country. Its not a time for selfish millionaire player freaks to hang their stinking laundry out to dry.

37. ad me to list of people who stopped watching because of the protests !

38. C. Casey says:

There is zero chance that I would take my grandchildren or a scout troop to a game to watch a number of spoiled, undereducated, overpaid professional athletes disrespect this country’s flag and anthem for any reason. If they have personal issues with this country’s treatment of people of their race or origin, they are free to handle that in their free time. But they are paid entertainers when they are on the field, nothing more. So if they offend us, we have no moral obligaiton to come or to watch. It would make me thrilled beyond words to see these overpaid idiots and their rich NFL owners go bankrupt if they disrespect their audience and the country that made them rich. (I will say rich, not “successful,” because that gives them too much credit.

39. B Hunter says:

Huge fan here. I set my schedule according to my team’s games every week during football season. Over the past 15 years or so a group of us have met together to watch the games. We have to watch through the NFL package since we live in a different state from our team. This year is the first year that everyone has quit coming. They would tell me that I could just go in and turn on the TV but no one else would be there this week. It seemed strange…. Today, I found out that the reason no one is coming. It is because they can’t stomach watching the games because of the growing number of players who are not standing during the national anthem. This is inspite of paying for the NFL package. I have to admit that I am very upset about them not standing as well. Anyway, since they said that is why they are not watching, I am giving it some serious thought as well. I hate the disrespect it shows toward our country and our servicemen. The NFL should not allow it. They should refuse to let the players who are protesting on the field and the music should be stopped until they are escorted off the field. If this happened I’m sure there would be huge amounts of cheering from the stands. Most people are offended by this behavior.

40. steveq says:

Its funny how its always the blacks (maybe a few hispanics) making it about whitey. They are not going to score (pun intended) with the fans and with anybody except apologetics who don’t know any better about what it took to make this country. They might get some yo’s and fists flung in the air bonding with their disgruntled kind by attacking the system that makes it possible for change in the first place. There are ways to get things done and these sophomoric absentee quotients either lack creativity, are too lazy, or their careers are diving on the sidelines with nothing better to do. I’ll continue to not watch the nfl and others who disrespect our country.

41. Slim Jim says:

Note in1st paragraph the reporter gives his feeble liberal reeking opinion before getting into blatant politically incorrect hard facts. F the NFL!