BOSTON (CBS) — The Patriots host the Buffalo Bills on Sunday with a chance to go 4-0 without Tom Brady to start the season. These two teams have plenty of history together. Here are some interesting notes to consider for Week 4’s Patriots-Bills matchup.
– The Patriots are off to a 3-0 start for the 10th time in team history and it’s the sixth time under coach Bill Belichick.
– The Pats finished the month of September undefeated. It’s their 22nd undefeated month since 2000.
– The Patriots are 13-1 against the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium.
– The Pats are an NFL-best 49-16 in the month of October since the 2000 season.
– This is the 113th meeting between the Patriots and the Bills. New England holds a 69-42-1 edge in the series.
– The Patriots have swept the series against the Bills 24 times.
– Dating back to 2000, the Pats have won 28 of the last 32 games against the Bills.
– The Patriots’ record of 69 wins over the Bills is the most by the Patriots against any one opponent.
– Former Patriots LB Brandon Spikes and WR/KR Brandon Tate are now members of the Buffalo Bills.
– Last time out, the Patriots defense pitched a shutout. It was their first shutout since beating the Dolphins 28-0 in 2012 and the ninth for the Pats under coach Belichick.
– The Pats have scored 34 first-quarter points.
– With one more win, Bill Belichick will pass Curly Lambeau and he will be in sole possession of 4th place on the all-time regular season wins list (226).
– Julian Edelman has 276 receptions over the last 4 seasons. That 5th most in the league over that time period.
– Rob Gronkowski didn’t have a reception in Thursday’s game against Houston. It was the first NFL game that he played in and didn’t have a catch.
– Stephen Gostkowski has made 78.3 percent of his field goals from 50 yards. He’s 18-for-23…
– The Patriots are 97-17 at Gillette Stadium in the regular season.