6 People Treated After Carbon Monoxide Leak At Watertown Apartment Building

WATERTOWN (CBS) – An entire apartment building was evacuated in Watertown Wednesday night for a carbon monoxide leak.

Three adults and three children were rushed to Mass. General Hospital to be treated. Firefighters say the victims had dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide in their blood.

Firefighters evacuated 16 units and brought in big fans to clear the air. When they first arrived, firefighters say they were not anticipating a carbon monoxide issue.

“It’s a good thing someone called, he smelled something funny and it turned into a real serious situation,” said Watertown Dep. Chief Rob Iannetta.

They say that funny smell was a malfunctioning oil burner and it led them to the carbon monoxide leak.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

WheelMobile
Download Our App
Download Weather App

Listen Live