BOSTON (CBS) – There’s a warning out for anyone who owns a Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone.
An investigation found some batteries have exploded while charging, so Samsung has stopped selling the phone.
The New York Times reported 2.5 million of the phones have been recalled.
In a statement Friday, the company said 35 cases of battery explosions have been reported around the world so far.
Samsung launched the phone just last month.
“For customers who already have Galaxy Note7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks,” Samsung said in its statement.