Samsung Stops Sales Of Galaxy Note7 Phones After Battery Explosions

BOSTON (CBS) – There’s a warning out for anyone who owns a Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone.

An investigation found some batteries have exploded while charging, so Samsung has stopped selling the phone.

The New York Times reported 2.5 million of the phones have been recalled.

The Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone at a Samsung showroom in Seoul on September 2, 2016. (Photo credit JUNG YEON-JE/AFP/Getty Images)

The Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone at a Samsung showroom in Seoul on September 2, 2016. (Photo credit JUNG YEON-JE/AFP/Getty Images)

In a statement Friday, the company said 35 cases of battery explosions have been reported around the world so far.

Samsung launched the phone just last month.

“For customers who already have Galaxy Note7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks,” Samsung said in its statement.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

WheelMobile
Download Our App
Download Weather App

Listen Live