BOSTON (CBS) — It’s March, which means a few things:
- Football has been over for a couple of months and won’t return for several more.
- The NBA and NHL seasons are playing out the string, and everyone’s waiting for the playoffs to begin.
- Spring training, the longest and most excruciating preseason, is rolling along.
- The country is gripped by the excitement of March Madness.
So it is with all four items in mind that Toucher & Rich are rolling out “March Badness,” a celebration of sorts of all the worst parts about Boston sports.
Fred, Rich and Wallach have spent several painstaking hours crafting the list of participants, and now it’s time for you to vote. The contenders are divided into four different regions, and it’s up to you to determine which ones will advance to the next round.
(Click the photo for a full-size image.)
FEVER PITCH DIVISION
1. Sweet Caroline
8. $10 Beers at Fenway Park
4. Clay Buchholz’s Hair
5. Clay Buchholz’s Excuses
3. Truck Day
6. Gary Striewski Instead of a Hot Chick
2. Pablo Sandoval’s Gut
7. Fenway Seats That Face The Outfield
WELLS REPORT IN CONTEXT DIVISION
1. Everything Julian Edelman Does Off The Field
8. Bob Kraft’s Insistence On Kissing Everyone
4. “This Is Our House” Bon Jovi Touchdown Song
5. The Fog Horn At Gillette
3. People Still Obsessed With DeflateGate
2. Bob And Jonathan Kraft’s High Chairs
7. Tom Brady Wearing His Own TB12 Merchandise
THE UNSOLD PANDA MERCHANDISE DIVISION
1. “Dirty Water”
8. Horny John Farrell
4. “Yankes Suck” Chants At Non-Yankees Games
5. “Zombie Nation” Bruins Goal Song
3. Boston Accents Written Out Like “MONSTAH”
6. David Ortiz’s Constant Pleas For Respect
2. Maria Menounos
7. The Wahlbergs
THE HOT TAKE DIVISION
1. “They Hate Us ‘Cause They Ain’t Us”
8. Red Sox Ceremony Overkill
4. The “Noise Meter” At The Garden
5. Referring to Fan Bases As “Nations”
3. Grateful Dead Night
6. Kelly Olynyk’s “Man-Bun”
2. “No. 1 Dad” Red Sox Jerseys
7. The Boston Sports Media Lodge
There you have it! Vote smartly — and come back and vote every hour!