METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Boston Parents Voice Opposition To Plan For Earlier School Start Time
- Police Searching For Man With Shotgun In Spencer Woods Following Dispute
- Celebrating 70 Years Of WBZ-TV, Behind The New Promo
- Woman Hit By Stray Bullets Inside Her Home, Police Search For Suspect
- Fire Rips Through Roof Of East Boston House
- Keller @ Large: AG Maura Healey On Why She Is Suing The Feds
- Local Astronaut Heads To International Space Station
- Boy Killed In Sledding Accident
- Woman Shot In Roxbury
- Family Escapes Lynn Blaze