METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Motorcyclist Struck, Killed By Drunk Truck Driver In Rehoboth, Police Say
- Brigham And Women’s Hospital, Nurses Make Progress In Contract Negotiations
- Bruins Legend Ray Bourque Charged With OUI
- Man Killed In Cambridge Shooting
- 2 Firefighters Injured Battling 5-Alarm Hyde Park Warehouse Fire
- Bicyclist Found Dead In Lowell Forest
- Man Facing Weapons Charges In Sharon
- Beached Dolphin Rescued, Returned To Assonet River In Freetown
- State Trooper Among 5 Hurt In Crash On I-93 In Boston
- Whitey Bulger Belongings Sell At Boston Auction