Lowell Woman Killed, Driver Seriously Hurt In Methuen Crash
METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Police Finalizing Charges Against Melrose Store Owner For Lottery Scam
- Dog Allegedly Stolen From Yard On Christmas Day
- Man Dies In Car Crash Off I-495 In Franklin
- Missing Dog Owner In Reading Receives A Christmas Miracle
- Christmas Morning House Fire In Southwick Ruled Accident
- Report of Smoke Grounds American Airlines Plane At Logan Airport
- Rally Held In South Boston In Support Of Police
- State Trooper In Apparent Pepper Spray Video Returned To Full Duty
- Gloucester Mayor Resigns, Accepts Position In Charlie Baker Administration
- Woman Smears Pork Products On Framingham Police Dispatch Window