METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Shopping Centers Ramp Up Security Ahead Of Black Friday
- Boston Firefighters Share Thanksgiving Meal Between Calls
- Faneuil Hall Hosting Tuba Concert Thanksgiving Weekend
- Tom Brady Sends Thanksgiving Message Fulfilling Fan’s Final Wish
- Patient’s Hair Catches Fire During Surgery At Cape Cod Hospital
- Jimmy Fund Donation Can Stolen, Norwood Police Ask For Help
- MBTA Officer Dic Donohue Announces New Addition To Family
- Mass. Retailers Predict Strong Holiday Sales
- MBTA Conductor Killed In Shooting Outside Fenway Park
- Thanksgiving Volunteers Pay It Foward In Boston