METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Newton Rower Celebrates Final Olympic Run With Silver Medal
- Security Camera Captures Vandal Slashing ‘Hillary For Prison’ Sign
- Quincy Police Lieutenant Indicted On Fraud Charges
- 8-Week-Old Kitten Rescued From Underneath Car
- Holliston Man Held Without Bail On Weapons Charges, Allegedly Threatened Obama, Muslims
- Framingham Football Coach Returns From Suspension Following Players’ Blisters
- McDonald’s Throws Retirement Party For Longtime Employee With Down Syndrome
- 2 Workers Rescued From Bucket Under Bridge After Truck Tips In Rhode Island
- Uber Driver Accused Of Exposing Himself To 2 Women
- Mother Mourns Son Killed In Lunenburg Crash