METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Former Marine Reunites With Dog He Cared For In Iraq
- Canton Girl Hit By Falling Tree Limb Dies
- Gov. Baker Signs Bill Barring Teens From Tanning Salons
- Super Bowl Dream Comes True For Boston Photographer
- Snow Totals: February 5 Storm
- Phantom Gourmet: Super Bars & Grills
- Several Inches Of Plowable Snow Falls Across Southern New England
- Brookline Schools Stay Open Amid Snowstorm
- John Kasich Leads Snowball Fight After NH Town Hall Event
- Donald Trump Postpones NH Event Due To Snow