Lowell Woman Killed, Driver Seriously Hurt In Methuen Crash
METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- 2 Found Shot At Dorchester Home
- Computer Expert: Tsarnaev’s Older Brother Searched For Bomb Parts
- Patriots Security Director: Hernandez ‘Swore On His Baby’s Life’ He Was Telling The Truth
- Boston Gun Control Billboard Coming Down
- Patriots Owner: Hernandez Told Me He Was Innocent
- Boston Teen Vying For American Chess Crown
- Keller @ Large: Complacency And Arrogance Has To Stop
- MBTA Gets Winter Storm Survival Tips From Other Cities
- Daily Talker: A Mother’s Tough Love
- How To Avoid An IRS Tax Audit