Lowell Woman Killed, Driver Seriously Hurt In Methuen Crash
METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Winthrop High School Football Player Suspended Amid Investigation
- Video Of Dancing Milford Pop Warner Players Goes Viral
- 3 Hurt In Rollover Crash On I-495 In Milford
- Jury Selection Begins In Danvers Teacher Murder Trial
- Neiman Marcus Christmas Book: The Most Extravagant Gifts
- Harvard Debate Team Loses To New York Prison Inmates
- New Hampshire City Council Candidate Allegedly Kicked Dog To Death
- Keller @ Large: Technology Gone Too Far?
- Matters Of The Mind: Mental Health Screening Kiosk
- Toddler Dies After Contracting E. Coli At Maine Fair