METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Gonorrhea Outbreak Reported In New Hampshire
- Car Crashes Into Norton Reservoir
- Inmate Who Escaped From RI Prison Pleads Not Guilty
- Police: Hingham Teen Escaped After Attempted Assault
- Boston Police Officer Mourns ‘Ready For Anything’ K9 Partner’s Death
- Policeman Rescues Injured Owl In Road; 2nd Time In 3 Months
- Keller @ Large: We Need More Role Models Like Him
- NH Boy Badly Burned After Trying Viral Stunt
- Veterinarians Asked To Be On Lookout For Opioid Addicts Stealing From Pets
- Keller @ Large: Another Politician Pay Raise? Take Care Of Truly Needy First