Lowell Woman Killed, Driver Seriously Hurt In Methuen Crash
METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Dead Puppies Found In Trash Bag Behind Revere Gas Station
- Firefighters Battle Nantucket Blaze
- Iconic Statues, Time Capsule Hoisted To Old State House Perches
- New Rhodes Scholars Include 2 From Massachusetts
- Keller @ Large: One-On-One With Lt. Gov.-Elect Karyn Polito
- Taunton Shooting Wounds Man Sitting In His BMW
- Man Arrested In East Boston Sex Assault, Armed Robbery
- Heavier-Than-Usual Traffic, Potential Storm Eyed For Thanksgiving
- Pet Parade: Just A Touch Rescue
- Man With Loaded Gun Charged In Hyannis Bar Altercation