METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Police To Protest Over Black Lives Matter Sign At City Hall
- Family Demands Answers After Young Boy’s Death
- Frates Family ‘Grateful’ For Donations That Led To ALS Gene Discovery
- Little Girl With Developmental Delays Now Dancing In Viral Video
- Mom Helps Police Nab Man Who Allegedly Exposed Himself To Kids
- Walsh: ‘Heart Breaks For The Family’ Of Boy Found Dead Off Carson Beach
- Increasing Nuts In Diet Could Reduce Risk Of Disease
- Experts Want Doctors, Pharmacies To Include Reason For Prescription On Label
- Local Breweries Making Beer With Charles River Water For HUBweek Competition
- Charles River Receives Strong Water Quality Grade