METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- 10 Displaced After Overnight Fire At Dorchester Independent Living Facility
- Keller @ Large: Remembering Pearl Harbor
- Wednesday’s Child: Siblings Daequan And Raya
- Quincy Girl Leads Effort To Write Letters To Santa After Skydiving Injury
- Duxbury Man Killed By Lightning While Camping In Australia
- Melrose Cemetery Administrator Accused In Burial Plot Scheme
- Voice-Activated Technology Being Piloted In Rooms At Seaport District Hotel
- Braintree High School Students Train As First Responders
- Chelmsford Native Killed In Oakland Warehouse Fire
- Dogs Stolen In Brockton Found In Maine