METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Man Allegedly Stole Humboldt Tribute Hockey Stick From Malden Police
- Teenagers Call 911 After Getting Lost While Hiking In Ashburnham
- State Cracking Down On Bars That Over Serve Patrons
- Massachusetts State Beaches, Spray Decks Open For Season
- City Man Killed In Mattapan Hit-And-Run
- Day 1 Of Boston Calling Music Festival Is Underway
- Ceiling Collapses In Historic Ipswich Church
- METCO Mom Becomes The METCO’s Newest CEO
- Defense Attorney Supports Salem Judge Amid Calls For Impeachment
- Mom Surprises Daughter At Haverhill School After 8-Month Deployment