METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Cambridge Auction Featured Artifacts From Notorious Gangsters
- Roslindale Man Injured In Needham Hit And Run
- Minivan Crashes Onto MBTA Station Stairs After Police Chase
- Seth Moulton Town Hall Briefly Interrupted By Audience Member Outburst
- Woman Charged With Murdering Boyfriend Inside Brockton Home
- ‘Strong Suspect’ Identified After Brutal NH Beating Caught On Camera
- Family Searches For Answers After Woman Is Found Dead In Braintree Hotel
- David Ortiz ‘Very Touched’ By Ceremony To Retire No. 34
- Storm Damage: Downed Trees Hit Local House, Car
- Vanessa Marcotte’s Accused Killer Indicted For Murder