METHUEN (CBS) – A woman was killed Monday morning when the car she was riding in struck a telephone pole.
Police responded to a report of a car crash at North Lowell and Moody streets at 7:50 a.m. and discovered a white 1999 Saturn SLI had struck a telephone pole, according to Methuen Police.
The car’s passenger, Kerri-Ann Roberto, 33, of Lowell was transported to Lawrence General Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
The driver of the car, Frank Orocho, 39, of Lowell, suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to Lawrence General Hospital and later airlifted to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.
A preliminary investigation concluded the car, for reasons unknown, crossed into the westbound lane and onto a sidewalk before striking the pole, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Keller @ Large: Amazon Bidders – Buyer Beware!
- Gold Star Family Furious Over Political ‘Tug Of War’
- Police Search Home In Connection To Union Leader Advertising Saleswoman’s 2015 Murder
- Mother Claims Program Shaved Daughter’s Head Without Permission
- I-Team: Convicted Quincy Cop Received Payout Before Prison
- Eye On Education: Andover High Students Learning To Spot Fake News
- Patriots Treat Cancer Survivors To Day Of Pampering
- Would-Be Robbers Demand $1 From Brockton Store Owner
- ‘We Need Help’: St. John Still Without Power After Hurricane Irma
- School Apologizes For Photo Appearing To Show Black Girl On Leashes